▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for that chalk art!
Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

Hand painted the Rat Fink with primer red.

20230731_093721.jpg
20230731_095905.jpg
20230731_100037.jpg
20230731_100956.jpg
20230731_101037.jpg
20230731_101159.jpg
20230731_101218.jpg

Dude!!!! How close are you trying to cut it to the Finished thread deadline!!!! There is only 12 freaking minutes left!!!! :D
Are you trying to beat my latest finish time from 2019? :forum:

Thank God for my sacrificial paint testi g fender. No way am I messing up this build with any chalk or chalk markers. I am perfectly happy as the build sits and have been riding around this morning for photos. I'm gonna post them up here first as I crop them, then I'll sort through them for my finished thread. I already posted one there as an emergency placeholder.

I take it the chalk doesn't just wipe off?

It wipes off, but not completely and smears the finish and worst of all leaves a ghost image of the old image. The chalk markers were even worse. I wasn't about to ruin a good flat black paint job. The paint testing fender saved the day.

It wipes off, but not completely and smears the finish and worst of all leaves a ghost image of the old image. The chalk markers were even worse. I wasn't about to ruin a good flat black paint job. The paint testing fender saved the day.
The chalk paint needs prepped before you chalk on it. You take a piece of white chalk and go over the entire thing. Then wipe down and it’s good to go. Shouldn’t leave old chalk marks after that. If you chalk on it and want it to stay, spray it with hairspray.

Here is a little GIF showing what I started with and what it became .

20230801_091216.gif

The chalk paint needs prepped before you chalk on it. You take a piece of white chalk and go over the entire thing. Then wipe down and it’s good to go. Shouldn’t leave old chalk marks after that. If you chalk on it and want it to stay, spray it with hairspray.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind, and maybe test it on my sacrificial fender. But honestly, I gonna keep the paint on Speedfish as it is. It makes for a uber flat black and really like the look. But it's cool to know that I have options in the future.

Back