█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ Cinco De Mayo, actual progress Pg.8

First the PINK shoes. Now a PINK bike....Maybe the side car thing isn't working out, and maybe the outfit and bike you're meant to ride is starting to come out.

KOTA said:
First the PINK shoes. Now a PINK bike....Maybe the side car thing isn't working out, and maybe the outfit and bike you're meant to ride is starting to come out.

You forgot the PINK gun that will shoot holes in the sidecar.

My bad! :oops:

the side hack is looking pretty sweet! Can't wait to see more. I'm using the same forks on my build. Acquired a Jesse James frame complete with no seat or rear wheel. They make great looking forks!

mitchelangelo said:
the side hack is looking pretty sweet! Can't wait to see more. I'm using the same forks on my build. Acquired a Jesse James frame complete with no seat or rear wheel. They make great looking forks!

I was kind of stoked about having the second Jesse James chopper for parts, had a plan for the forks, a street bike kind of thing, but then I noticed they are bent... not sure I can fix them.

I really like where this build is headed. I never thought much of those bikes when they came out ... But you have made some major improvements. 8)

garagegoon said:
I really like where this build is headed. I never thought much of those bikes when they came out ... But you have made some major improvements. 8)

Thank you, this means a lot coming from you since your Go Away bike was a big inspiration for me.

Thank you!!! :D

OK, so the flying tiger artwork will be on the sidecar, and I've been doing some thinking about tank artwork and I've got it nailed down! I'm pretty stoked about it, it's not a pin-up girl for reasons I mentioned earlier, but it's something Super cool.

N8NBOX said:
Need to find one of these frames around, would like to stretch one out really far and have it drag the ground.

I've been wanting a scraper too, that's why I scavenged an office chair from the alley, I saved the piston out of it so I can have "air ride." Maybe that's what the second shopper frame needs to be...

Well, I got out in the shop for a little while tonight and messed with my lights some.

This is what I started with:
SAM_0682.jpg

When I bought these lights the surplus catalog I bought them from said they were 12volt, I hooked one up to a battery, it lit bright then popped the bulb... nope, 6 volts, and no bulb on the market to match that socket. You can see in this photo that the bulb face rearward into the reflector:
SAM_0683.jpg

So I started messing with the light and shining a small LED flashlight behind the lenses under the hood, I had to deconstruct the light and remove the blue lens to get the light output I wanted. I discovered that it will be best to have a light shining through each lens under the hood, this should be really simple I just wish I hadn't used all my brightest LEDs in last year's build off, so I started pulling out LEDs, then it just got out of control:
SAM_0684.jpg

So I came inside. At least I know what I need to do now. For the rear light I will remove the photo cell switch and put a toggle on the top of it and then add a red lens and black out the top and bottom of it just leaving a "slice" of red in the middle (imagine a red minus sign).

Hoping the sun will be out tomorrow for some cutting and welding.

█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/10 This little light of mine pg13

Great job on the lights so far. Sounds like you have it under control. These are the details I love about the build off!

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/10 This little light of mine pg13

Critter1 said:
Great job on the lights so far. Sounds like you have it under control. These are the details I love about the build off!

Thanks, I figure if you have 3 months, you might as well build it right. I don't like to see parts on a bike that are non functioning. If you got a light, it better light up! :lol:

OK, had some time out in the shop with the kids, they played while I worked on a set of rims (that are currently in the dishwasher... shhh... don't tell my wife), a 24" BMX bike, and a 20" BMX. Since I finally found my heat gun I went and grabbed the tank, so glad you guys pointed out to me that it's steel, time to remove the decals:

SAM_0685.jpg

These were the WORST decals to remove, they are super thin and just ripped and ripped even with a lot of heat. Now the tank is soaking in Goo Gone, I love this stuff... it's fun in a fire too!
SAM_0686.jpg

largek9 said:
Hey Yoot! Those lights are the bomb! (no pun intended....ok maybe a little ! :lol: ) But I do like the lights. I saw this on Ebay it reminded me of something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANEBRINK-EXTRE ... 5641966e71

Wow! If I thought I could get a 1/4 of that for Sand Rover, I'd be selling!

Funny you should mention "bomb"... (that's hint #2 for those of you playing at home).

Peatbog said:
Speaking of bomb, several years ago I met the guy who dropped the first Atomic Bomb on Japan.*

*Not sure why I felt the need to bring that up.

Name dropping, it won't get you votes... I don't think, but if it does, I'm making a list.

how about some new pics! got a bunch of new ones on rug rats ride along

Man this bike is gonna be crazy when ya finish! I was going to attempt making one this year. I'm glad I didn't. Peace

hey over hear at rug rats ride along progress is going good! have con up with a solution for trail-a-bike hitch that is cheap if your interested i'll make 2 and give you 1 if it works. let me know will start on it Monday(?)

Latest posts

Back