★★★ 2ND ANNUAL RRB AUCTION BIKE ★★★

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a sprocket yet??? :?: :?: :?: I still have that one, but I think it's smaller, like Cameron's. You are welcome to it if you need it!

hey gary on this truss bracket u sent me ...can i do whatever i need 2 make it work ? i plan on welding the rods in the bracket ....but i wanted 2 make sure u dont care b4 i do !!! i was messing around 2day with em and it looks like this will be the best solution ...and im still planning on flat'n out the ends and makin em attatch 2 the axle ...i didnt take any pics cause i really didnt do much just kinda tossin round some ideas with my dad 2 see whats gonna work the best ....
double nickle,just askin how much longer b4 u will b ready 2 ship that front plate out 2 me ....im gonna have 2 figure out how 2 mount that baby !!! just wondering is all ...!!! hope 2 have some progress pics sometime this week for u guys ...!!MIKE

I don't care whatever works. Last one I did I welded the bars at the tip where the go into the bracket then put the button head bolt through and cut down the flat nut plate like i included that takes care of the hole too ,nothing to fill. Are you puttin a cross bar in like on the artwork that would be cool.

dscf1812j.jpg

By xc204 at 2009-08-29

well folks i got the rods flatend out one drilled n mounted 2 the wheel ...u guye let me know if ya like it ...im fixin 2 go back 2 the shop and get the other on drilled and mayb go ahead n bend em up ...let me know what ya think ....MIKE
IMG_20110912_115357.jpg

IMG_20110912_115416.jpg

IMG_20110912_115424.jpg

IMG_20110912_115437.jpg

Looks great so far!!! Soon as I get the fork... gonna strip this stuff down and get some good clean color on it.... Cant wait!!!

Lookin good! did you heat the ends and then put them in the press?

thnx guys ...gary that was the original plan ..but the plates we had under and over the rod was robbin all the heat ...so i just get em red hot and smoooshed em with a sledge ...worked out pretty good ...here is a couple more pics 4 ya's
IMG_20110912_174720.jpg

IMG_20110912_174731.jpg

i got the little cross brace cut n ready 2 weld in ..ill get that 2 morrow and then the real fun starts.. bending em 2 get em 2 fit in the top mount !!!

goon i need u2 do me a favor ...i need ur over all headtube lenght with the top screw on bearing race ..top of it 2 bottom off the bottom bearing cup ....i need 2 make sure we r on the same track here ...id hate 4 u 2 get em and they dont fit ur frame ...!!! i cant start bending em till i know fo sho ....alrighty then ....MIKE :mrgreen:

mikesbikes36 said:
hey goon is double nickle sending me the plate for the front so i can figure out how 2 mount it or r u takin care of that part ...?

Coulda swore DN was gonna make the plate then send it to ya.... No rush... I understand everyone is busy busy as am I... May have been wrong time to do this so soon after build off... but not trying to speed through things... I do not think there is a time frame to get it all done... 8)

yeah i thought that was the case but i never heard for sure ....( or i over looked it ) ...i just dont want him 2 paint it up all pretty if i have 2 do some welding on it 2 get it 2 work is all ....i guess we will figure it out !!!!
thnx for gettin those numbers for me !!!! mike

mikesbikes36 said:
yeah i thought that was the case but i never heard for sure ....( or i over looked it ) ...i just dont want him 2 paint it up all pretty if i have 2 do some welding on it 2 get it 2 work is all ....i guess we will figure it out !!!!
thnx for gettin those numbers for me !!!! mike

Sry.. got sidetracked... had to do wifes brakes this mornin... will give the measurment another shot tomorow... I do not plan on any other suprises to pull me away from it.... :|

Latest posts

Back