☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN: VIDEO!

Well, I had to see it first. I didn't think it would be rideable. Glad I kept that to myself 'til now(now that it doesn't matter :wink: ).
Now for the easy drivetrain part, right? :D

Lowlife Lucas said:
Thanks Lucas!

noodlenoggin said:
Too cool!

Seems like once you heave it up on the edge of those tires, it'd turn pretty well.
Yes! It is pretty easy to ride actually! You have to lean slightly more than you would normally but it is really easy and predictable once you get used to it...
At one point there yesterday I was even leaning off the side of the bike riding in a straight line up on the sidewalls...

kingfish254 said:
I didn't catch it the first time, but after seeing the "Rollin, Rollin, Rollin" title again, it reminded me of this scene and song from Jake and Elwood Blues.
Exactly what I was thinking off when that video name popped into my head KF!

shuasdad said:
Cool build just keeps getting cooler.

And you're traveling?!!??
Yep! 7,000km (4,500 miles)so far, and we have decided we are going back the long way to visit everyone again, so 7,000km to go! :shock: :mrgreen:

thebigorangecat said:
Looks cool! Perhaps just a bit more reach on the bars ;)
Yep, that is the go!

JoKeR63 said:
Well, I had to see it first. I didn't think it would be rideable. Glad I kept that to myself 'til now(now that it doesn't matter :wink: ).
Now for the easy drivetrain part, right? :D
You are not the only one who didn't think it would be rideable, believe me, I had my doubts too, figured I would have to post a video of it rolling in a straight line as my rideable proof! :lol:
On to the drivetrain!!! Tally ho!!!

Luke.

The Renaissance Man said:
Next I'd like to see it in the klunker photo contest! :p

Now that would be fun!!!!!
C'mon Luke, let us see you do a Jats power slide on this baby!!!!!

WOOOOOT!!!!!!! love the video that beast looks so cool rollin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Troy

OH MY

HOLY SMOKES!!!!! I somehow was not following this build close enough. You my friend have done some amazing work. That bike will be sure to turn heads to the broken neck degree!!! :mrgreen:

Wow that's great, the more I look at this the more I think
you could get a job at any local council level in pot holes
with this machine, she's a roller for sure, lovin this!

kingfish254 said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Got a video of my brother rolling down a slight hill on the bike and doing a U-turn at the bottom, it is his first ride and first attempt and it comes out pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsLrLW9 ... e=youtu.be

Luke.

I didn't catch it the first time, but after seeing the "Rollin, Rollin, Rollin" title again, it reminded me of this scene and song from Jake and Elwood Blues.
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

I hope you're happy that I havent been able to stop whistling "Rawhide" for a few days now!! :x :p

kingfish254 said:
kingfish254 said:
LukeTheJoker said:
Got a video of my brother rolling down a slight hill on the bike and doing a U-turn at the bottom, it is his first ride and first attempt and it comes out pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsLrLW9 ... e=youtu.be

Luke.

:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdR6MN2jKYs

I hope you're happy that I havent been able to stop whistling "Rawhide" for a few days now!! :x :p
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be the painkillers, when I saw that rolling down the hill on the video I could see a super scooter built like this one wheels and all with room for a whole family to scoot on it at once.
:mrgreen:
I didn't see any purple kangaroos yet, so it might just be a temporary thing.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. VIDEO 2 + DRIVETRAIN PROGRESS!

slowriderz said:
HOLY SMOKES!!!!! I somehow was not following this build close enough. You my friend have done some amazing work. That bike will be sure to turn heads to the broken neck degree!!! :mrgreen:
:shock: I don't think my insurance will cover that!

Pushie Pirate said:
Wow that's great, the more I look at this the more I think
you could get a job at any local council level in pot holes
with this machine, she's a roller for sure, lovin this!
:lol:

kingfish254 said:
My wife is sick of me singing it too! :lol: Good thing it is a cool song...

Kroozerdave said:
Must be the painkillers, when I saw that rolling down the hill on the video I could see a super scooter built like this one wheels and all with room for a whole family to scoot on it at once.
:mrgreen:
I didn't see any purple kangaroos yet, so it might just be a temporary thing.
Saw some purple kangas on the way up here but it was late at night and I had been driving for 12 hours, so the scooter sounds perfectly feasible to me! :| I think...

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. VIDEO 2 + DRIVETRAIN PROGRESS!

PROGRESS REPORT!

Went to work on the drivetrain today, started by welding on the rear wheel sprocket plate:

9263146508_13eeda761f.jpg

Video of it spinning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfSD4Fv0bc4

Got it almost perfect, in the video you can see the slight up and down of the rear wheel, it is close to perfect but not quite... Better than a lot of rims I have seen though! Wheel spins on for a good ten minutes after that video stopped, pretty sure I got those bearing cups in spot on level! :wink:

From there moved on the crank modifications, first ground off the chainwheel from the right side crank and welded it to the left side one backwards:

9263146582_7d3262ac34.jpg

Then cleaned some galvanising off a piece of pipe, also did a larger section on the other end for the jackshaft hub:

9263146672_8ffa643666.jpg

Cut a 30mm section off, welded it to the chainwheel, ground off the outer portion and moved it further away from the crank:

9263146758_ac68029a01.jpg

Bottom bracket mounted to the frame, had to move it forward 2 inch's from my original guess, turned out it was a little uncomfortable where it was, got my Brother in law "Bruiser" to sit on it and at 6 foot tall exactly he is just able to ride it, so I am calling this bike suitable for riders 6 foot to 7 foot tall! :mrgreen:

9263146888_a44f4e4f66.jpg

More soon, offset jackshaft, including 6 speed cluster, motorbike brake disc and the other big KTM sprocket is next on the list.

Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. DRIVETRAIN PROGRESS AT LAST!

you sure do not hold back!!!!! love it luke here it comes........... SPAZTASTIC cool factor 11(cause it goes to 11)

Troy

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. DRIVETRAIN PROGRESS AT LAST!

Lowlife Lucas said:
Left side drive, I like it! Look forward to seeing more!
Yep! The rear big sprockets are left side drive, but I am calling the front section "centre drive" as it will be hidden in the frame...

jats said:
you sure do not hold back!!!!! love it luke here it comes........... SPAZTASTIC cool factor 11(cause it goes to 11)

Troy
I figured if you are going to spend 3 months building a bike while doing 14,000km around Australia, it better be an over the top bike! :wink: Crank it to 11! :mrgreen:

Luke.

Back