☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆ 1936 Off-Roadmaster ☆ Klunker - DIGITAL CAMOUFLAGE pg 9

Guys, thanks for all the compliments, I'm really digging the paint as well, I just hope the local BMX kids don't see it and start requesting it!

Off to be in a wedding, so no bike work for a couple days. :cry:

yoothgeye said:
Guys, thanks for all the compliments, I'm really digging the paint as well, I just hope the local BMX kids don't see it and start requesting it!

Off to be in a wedding, so no bike work for a couple days. :cry:

nevermind the BMX kids, Wanna paint my bike? :D That looks great!

Diabolical_Dork said:
nevermind the BMX kids, Wanna paint my bike? :D That looks great!

Haha, you've got all the steps you need right here, I'll hold your hand through it. :lol:

great job with that digital camo look, how long did that take? i need to step up my painting prowess. wanna do a how to on this so you don't have to hold too many hands at once, or else you can paint my next bike!

thanks for inspiring me

Neat camp paint idea, hope you don't get run over by some bozo that didn't see you. "Really officer I didn't see the bike."

This would be a nice addition..
full35293.jpg

cool paint amazing that you got it done so fast!!

Troy

Thanks for all the compliments on the paint, I need to get a photo of my cut masking tape.

Picking out sprockets for the klunker fleet.

null-51.jpg

There is an art project in that picture.

wow its so cool to see that many unbent sprockets in one place!!! LOL that picture is true art!!

Troy

cman said:

Yeah, you should find one wall of your shop and start hanging those where it looks like they are connected as cogs and sprockets.

kingfish254 said:
cman said:

Yeah, you should find one wall of your shop and start hanging those where it looks like they are connected as cogs and sprockets.

Or I can get a canvas or piece of wood, smear grease or Vaseline onto the sprockets (so the paint won't stick to them), lay them out, and spray paint.

Very nice paint !! Between this and the lace paintings this is becoming more of a Paint Off competition :lol:

That paint job is wicked! You just bumped your bike to the top of my vote list. Very impressive.

and you have a sprocket I need for my bike.

Peatbog said:
If you could build one bike for each chainwheel and keep track of all of it right here, that would be cool.

Do you know how many bikes I've had to get rid of to get all these chainwheels? haha I gave away 3 just today.

I've been sick the past few days, but with a shot of optimism, I went out into the shop for a little while tonight.

First off I need to give BIG props to my friend Terry (Peatbog) for finding me this bolt:
null-55.jpg

That should speed things along nicely, but oh yeah, I forgot that I had the BB parts soaking in Simple Green, so out they came:
null-54.jpg

After that I got some fresh Simple Green and dropped the original headset and BB cups into it, I'll see how they clean up tomorrow:

Still feeling crappy, I brought the frame inside for a little detail work. Armed with a pencil, some paint pens, and a photo on my phone of a font I did a little art:
null-53.jpg

It may be hard to decipher from the photo, but this is inside the left chainstay.

Then added a little more detail:
null-52.jpg

Maybe there are some fans watching...

Tomorrow is my day off, so hopefully I can get some REAL work done.

Back