TRADITIONAL ⚡️⚡️⚡️THUNDERBOLT⚡️⚡️⚡️SCRATCH BUILT TANK⚡️⚡️⚡️CHOSEN COLORS⚡️⚡️⚡️FINISHING TOUCHES⚡️⚡️⚡️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you back SHP! Hope you are on the road to recovery.

And now...RaT oN~!
Thank you! @OddJob it’s rocky but feeling much bettter! And yes! Time to RaT on! 💪🏻
Stay well. Get to painting and just plug away a little bit each day.
Welcome back!
Thanks for the words of encouragement @kingfish254 i think I’ll make it! Paint paint paint! 💪🏻
Yeah. Same in this house too. Sounds like the Vid. Everyone had it... except me
and my daughter for some reason. The Vid might be afraid of us. Lasts a couple
weeks. Knocks the energy right out of you. Coughing. Headaches. It socks. Get
better man. We need you.
Bummer your Fam has been sick too! I did get Vid for the first time around a month ago. First time! But it caused me some blood sugar issues that got out of my control. The main reason I have been out. Thanks for the words of encouragement! Much appreciated 💪🏻
Glad you’re Well and back at it! I hate getting sick, especially in the summer. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :113:
Thank you! @Pondo I agree getting sick in the summer is the worst. Thanks for checking in! 💪🏻

Frame in the first priming stage. I will fill the head badge holes and a couple of dings I don’t like them give it a final coat. It is going in black but I just can’t leave some things alone. Here is my high tech paint system.
IMG_5709.jpeg

After some tough decision making on color, I chose Satin Apple Green on Black. All parts are finish primed and the skirts have their first coat of color. I will be wet sanding the frame, fender and chain guard tomorrow along with getting everything painted. I will let it all cure for a couple of days in the sun and then start assembly.
IMG_5721.jpeg
IMG_5719.jpeg

Super cool color! Can't wait to see more!

That Satin Apple Green really grabbed my attention!

I dig your 'paint booth' too. And remember; Primer red is a color. :wink1: :nod: :bigsmile: I was imagining those green skirts on that primer frame...With a little RaT-ina in places, maybe splashes of a darker brown and some creamy color...you could rename your build;

"One Bad Apple" :nerd:

Super cool color! Can't wait to see more!
Thank you much! I’ve been thinking two tone for this bike, just been hard to pull the trigger on the frames color. I chose Smoke Grey. The first coat is on, just need to wet sand some ugly spots and give it a second coat. Some apple green darts will be added. ✌🏻
That Satin Apple Green really grabbed my attention!

I dig your 'paint booth' too. And remember; Primer red is a color. :wink1: :nod: :bigsmile: I was imagining those green skirts on that primer frame...With a little RaT-ina in places, maybe splashes of a darker brown and some creamy color...you could rename your build;

"One Bad Apple" :nerd:
Thank you much! I wish I had a better circumstance to paint in. I also wish I had the Retina skills you possess. One of these days I will take a frame and start practicing the processes. And I enjoy painting, so I was really torn between Ratina and paint. When I got the crappy house paints off, it revealed some red paint I could have worked with. Red was not the way I wanted to go, so paint was the choice. Now to get the satin green apple painted tins to work with the smoke gray frame color I chose will be my next challenge. ✌🏻
great color choice, I painterd a frame satin apple green a few years back and used black wheels, seat, grips etc. yours is gonna look awesome
Thank you much! That sounds like an awesome color scheme. I’m working out the blend of two colors right now. Smoke Gray frame with the Satin Apple Green tins. Some green darts will be added to the frame once I get a second coat on. ✌🏻
IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

That's a great look! Nice color combo, and very well done.

Sophistic-RaT oN~! :nod: :wink1:

Great eye for contrast.

Awesome color palette combination. Soft pastel effect going on.
Thank you. I had been set on black, but the gray caught my eye. Hopefully they blend well when all put together. I’m definitely “winging it”. ✌🏻
That's a great look! Nice color combo, and very well done.

Sophistic-RaT oN~! :nod: :wink1:
Thank you much @OddJob hopefully the tank will tie everything in. ✌🏻
Great eye for contrast.
Thank you much @kingfish254 I got lucky finding the gray which compliments the green fairly well! ✌🏻

Back