πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like 3.18 bikes!
:D :D
Maybe 3 middleweights, but less than two vintage ballooner tank bikes. Not unusual for some of those to be over 50 pounds.

82 lbs? What is that frame made of? Water pipe? That is a heavy bike!

:21::21::21:
It's not just the frame. Look at my springer, throw in big wheels and tires, hefty exhaust pipes, tank, skirt, and guard tins, twice the chain of a regular bike, headlight, speedo, bars, big saddle, seatstays that are made from solid rod stock. It shouldn't be shocking that this beauty weighs as much as one and a half vintage ballooner tankers. It's within 2 pounds of what I was guessing. Doesn't much matter though, cuz it still gets off the line from the many stop signs around the historic district and with the 3 speed I beat my friend with his X53 easily from start to finish the other day. I can maneuver easily around tourists and potholes at slow and higher speeds. She's heavy, but very nimble. Kinda like a chunky gymnast. :D :D :D

Maybe 3 middleweights
I used 26lbs as a divider, I likes my bikes light
Heh heh heh. Whole lot of Rosie
Beavis-and-Butthead_copy_300x300.jpg

Well I weighed my bike complete and it’s only 49 pounds. I actually thought it would be lighter.
Me too. I am judging by my wife’s 26” steel Nishiki, which is 24 pounds. To me that’s kind of an average bicycle in this age of aluminum and carbon fiber.

Mine is twice as much, but the Uncle stretch bike = 3.5x!

But in the world of RatRodBikes, 26" steel nishikis aren't the norm. Your 50 pound bike is closer to the norm around these parts.
Uncle Stretch may wear the old "husky" size jeans, but he will not be "fat shamed" by girlie street bikes :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well it’s a fat bike for sure buddy and you’re gonna have to own up to that!

Yes sir! Always owned up to that Proudly from the start. That is why I put 26x3 wheels on it. It's meant to be a proud fat stretch cruiser. Like most bikes in the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off, it is more appropriate for the Tour de Fat than the Tour de France.

1662736707267.png

Last edited:
Here is a little video. And yes, I lifted the bike up onto the fountain ledge by myself.
I thought about getting up there with a bunny hop, but I didn't want to show off :D

Last edited:
Excellent work, I few months ago I picked up the same fender skirts, hard to come by. I have not put it together yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2782.jpeg
    IMG_2782.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Excellent work, I few months ago I picked up the same fender skirts, hard to come by. I have not put it together yet.

They are tough ones to score.

Here are three diiferent versions of my ride video today. This bike is a hit with the tourists!

Back