πŸπŸ—πŸ‘πŸ• π”π§πœπ₯𝐞 π’π­π«πžπ­πœπ‘ 𝐂𝐨π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐗𝐋𝐖𝐁 - BO17 Build Journal - Finished in 3rd Place - 1937 Uncle Stretch Colson XLWB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll see soon as the build off gets rolling, it is always about the building first and foremost, and not the winning. We all help each other out and form a creative collective that allows each of us to build a much better bike with each other, than we could ever have imagined or accomplished on our own. That is what MAKES the Rat Rod Bikes Build Offs unique. We all draw inspiration from what we see and hear from each other. It's what has kept me coming back for the past 12 years. There is nothing else like it.
That's what I'm talking about! I've just started reading thru this thread and it's going to take a while to peruse all 62 pages but, man, I'm looking forward to it. This is an inspiring build and there's so much more lurking in the archives. Great stuff, love it!

That's what I'm talking about! I've just started reading thru this thread and it's going to take a while to peruse all 62 pages but, man, I'm looking forward to it. This is an inspiring build and there's so much more lurking in the archives. Great stuff, love it!

Have fun. I am sure it's more photos than writing, but hopefully a fun adventure nonetheless.
Watch it go from this:

1663809059511.png

To This:

1663809221137.png

Hey! Finally a page that didn’t take an hour to load! … And, they were the perfect two photographs. I’m so glad you posted this.

I think the bike turned out really great, and the photographs that I did see were all terrific.

It’s quite obvious that this is the culmination of your long BBO experience, and you’ve built something that you really really like, and that was also popular to everyone here.

Hey! Finally a page that didn’t take an hour to load! … And, they were the perfect two photographs. I’m so glad you posted this.

I think the bike turned out really great, and the photographs that I did see were all terrific.

It’s quite obvious that this is the culmination of your long BBO experience, and you’ve built something that you really really like, and that was also popular to everyone here.

Enjoy it while you can...there is still space for 15 posts full of pics down there πŸ‘‡!

:bigsmile:

Better hurry. I went on a ride today and explored some places I hadn't been before on bike. :D :D :D

1663964006708.jpeg

I forgot to post this up, but I was honored when a few people dug my Uncle Stretch bike enough to use it as the cover photos for a few different Facebook bike groups.

My favorite was this one from the "Lifes too short to ride boring bikes" group. This group is hosted by Ed Bakker out of the Netherlands

1663989841572.png

Then Carmine Spinniello picked this photo for the cover of the "World of the custom bicycle" group that he hosts out of Italy.

1663990135748.png

And then Stacey Paulin out of Tennessee used this pic for the cover of the "Roachy Rusty Rides" group

1663990298159.png

Last edited:
World Famous! :cool:

:D Not famous, but it is super cool when you are scrolling through pics of cool bikes and all of a sudden you see your own, but it's posted by someone else. It just makes our bike world a little bit smaller. I just hope that I get to ride with @Captain Awesome (who is only 30 minutes away) before I ride with @SwissGuy and @OCDconnection in Germany and UK this December. :D

It was in the 70s for the first time in awhile yesterday, so I went for a spin.

1664024590465.jpeg

1664024625422.jpeg

1664024662921.jpeg

The Georgia Queen came by while I was dodging tourists on the river, so I got a video.

1664025099157.jpeg

The port police drove up right after I took this photo. They wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to target the ship. This is under the bridge you see in some of my pics from River Street.

1664025202875.jpeg

:D Not famous, but it is super cool when you are scrolling through pics of cool bikes and all of a sudden you see your own, but it's posted by someone else. It just makes our bike world a little bit smaller. I just hope that I get to ride with @Captain Awesome (who is only 30 minutes away) before I ride with @SwissGuy and @OCDconnection in Germany and UK this December. :D
You guys want to do that Cranksgiving event? I'll probably be fo sho

@Dr. Tankenstein

This shot was terrific.
9F64775D-7387-4B7A-92E1-7D5B0C7567D1.jpeg

They have a river boat like that parked up at Sacramento, and I’ve eaten seafood there with my wife.
It’s not nearly as large as the Georgia queen but it is very ornate with real 1800’s wood work.

But they do not operate it on the river anymore. The waterways here are just not that navigable. The cost of operation could not be recouped by operating a restaurant and hotel that small, because they’re not able/brave enough to charge huge prices.

I keep wanting to say something about those rusty legs but I’m almost too polite.

No worries brother. I think TRM didn't care too much for them either. But they work for me. It's captured with BLO for now.
Don't forget, on RRB, rust IS a color!! :D

1664032167363.png

You guys want to do that Cranksgiving event? I'll probably be fo sho

@Dr. Tankenstein

I might be. If I remember right, it's not as organized as it sounds. I'll have to see what Queenfish has on my schedule then. It's less than 2 weeks from when I fly over to see SwissGuy. :D
We definitely need to ride sometime soon though. What's your schedule like?

Latest posts

Back