$1 LED upgrade for bullet lights

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I do it. I have to open and close the light body to toggle the light on and off, but setting up a switch is pretty easy.

LEDlight.jpg

Gerry, you rock.

i am going to the dollar store this weekend.

BrigmasterA said:
Wouldn't it be called a looney store? And do they have twoney stores up there?
Yup, but the local one here is called "a buck or 2" The only drawback to having larger denomination coins (besides the funny names)is your wallet is skinnier (but who's isn't these days?) and my right hand pants pockets seem to wear out sooner! :lol:
Go figure, down south the Susan B Anthony coin was introduced well before the looney, but I guess it never caught on. :|
R.

Now we have the sacajawea dollar, and a few other dollar coins that are all gold colored... But they have taken "In God We Trust" off of them... Guess we quit trusting Him... Actually, I refuse the dollar coins shearly on that principal... Becasue i do trust God with everything. Even my money.

BrigmasterA said:
Now we have the sacajawea dollar, and a few other dollar coins that are all gold colored... But they have taken "In God We Trust" off of them... Guess we quit trusting Him... Actually, I refuse the dollar coins shearly on that principal... Becasue i do trust God with everything. Even my money.
Ahhhmen!!!!

you know to make the switch work on those as i remember you just push on the end. why dont you drill a hole in the back of the housing and have a spring loaded rod push in aganst the switch?

After reading this post I went to the dollar store and bought 2. A hacksaw, a little red marker, some mounting tape and a couple of zip ties and I now have 2 cool looking mini taillights. :D
taillight1.jpg

tailight3.jpg

tailight2.jpg

Man, I love this site!

BrigmasterA said:

But everyone else pays cash.

The dollar coins are too similar in size and feel to quarters and weigh and wear pockets worse than bills.

you could make a simple switch for it. now I'm assuming it's a basic 2 wire operation. all you need to do is throw a switch between one of the wires running from the battery to the light. that way, when you flip the switch, the circuit is complete and power flows to the light. This'll help keep you from having to open the whole thing up as well

Latest posts

Back