100 miles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to let you know, this motivated me, today was my day off and I had 3 hours of "me time" after I dropped the little one off at pre-school (other 2 in elementary), so I flipped the wheel on my fixie and added a freewheel, hit the road just wanting to do some distance, I never ride long distance, so this was a test. I ended up doing 36 miles in about 2.5 hours. It was nice. Thanks, now I want to work up to 100! I strategically chose places with fewer hills, but still had some single speed climbs, the last hour was fighting a head wind and I hate that.
Skipton often motivates me to bike commute. Looking at his pictures and reading his posts on Ratrods and other forums helps me remember how awesome it is to bike commute.

Not only is it physically difficult to ride 100, but it's brave. The low end type bikes that define our rat rods are really susceptible to break downs. This is an amazing feat all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I could have been there in front helping break the wind....long rides on my 3-spd rats are always on the agenda. Good to hear someone else puts the big miles in. Makes me think an organized RatRide 50 or 100 in a pack would be way cool.
:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back