100mm framesets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i usually love building my own bicycles but due to working so much i can't seem to find the time to do that anymore. i bought some 100mm wheels almost a year ago and I'm dying to use them already but without the time to build a frame and fork set, I'm pushed into having to just buy something to accept their size. any suggestions on companies to look at?

I think 100mm is referring to the wheel width something like 4 inches wide if so I think gocruisergo has some awesome frames

I think 100mm is referring to the wheel width something like 4 inches wide if so I think gocruisergo has some awesome frames
Yes 4 inch wheels is correct. That's actually what I just say all the time but then I always get people telling me in mm sizes. Lol but anyways any other options?

He means "rims". This is reminiscent of the endless conversations I used to have when I was a shop rat.

Customer: "I need a new rim; someone stole my tire!"

Me:"You probably need the whole wheel, plus the tire?"

C: "Naw, I just need a new rim."

M: "You just need the rim? you don't need the hub, spokes, nipples, tube, and tire?"

C: "Whut?"
:headbang:
Hub spacing, chainline concerns, and of course the obvious frame clearances at tire-level will all need to be taken into consideration.

I run a 2.5x 24 inch wheel with 3 inch felt thick bricks on my kustom kruiser and it was a pain to get the clearance setup to where the tire wasnt rubbin somewhere

It looks like a Basman 346 Heavyweight frame all by itself, is not something you can purchase new. Am I wrong? PLeeeeeeeaase tell me I'm wrong! I have an opportunity to build one on someone else's nickel, and it looks as though it is only available as a whole bike now! And, as mentioned before, this one does take 100 mm wheels!

I have a ruff with 24x4 inch wide rims and 4.25 inch tires and they fit. But I had widen the rear just a tad which was easy using a 2x4.

Back