13/16" to 7/8" tapered seatpost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

Just got a 51' Columbia that I'm using as a daily. I would like to fit my brooks saddle and through the usual local bike shop parts suppliers found "one" 13/16" post that tapers out to a 7/8" however the quality of the metal was very poor and not fit for daily use as it just begin to bend(180lbs)! Is there a high quality post like this available? I will get a costume one made if I have too.

Photos to follow once I get it all sorted, it's quite the Patina Monster!

Thanks!

Hit up Chad (slowriderz) on this site. He'll make you one that'll hold twice your weight and with whatever bend and length you want.

I think maybe your seat post tapers from 13/16" to 5/8", not 7/8". Never seen one get bigger at the top, only smaller. Gary

any machinist can easily make you one as well, my semi-retired local guy has made me several solid aluminum posts. :wink:

I had several solid stainless posts made by a machinist friend. Then had a welder bend one into a lucky 7. No chance my fat butt will bend that one. Gary

Back