$15 muscle bike score!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original tires and all! Judging from the little rust on the wheels the chrome under the paint is probably in good shape just needs some cleaning and elbow grease. Good luck with it!

That, my friend, is an AMF Aerobee. A heck of a score! It looks like a daunting project with the removal of paint, but as stated, hopefully the chrome underneath it in good shape and they just didn't want to see it. I'd love to get one in that shape and tackle it!

000_0275.jpg

Paint stripper will work on the Chrome parts, Easy off oven cleaner in the yellow cans will work on the paint. Just do not leave on very long. It will take the original paint off if you leave on to long. That is a killer find for $15.

This was the color I was thinking of painting it!! thanks for the pic. that one is sweet!
CRASH said:
That, my friend, is an AMF Aerobee. A heck of a score! It looks like a daunting project with the removal of paint, but as stated, hopefully the chrome underneath it in good shape and they just didn't want to see it. I'd love to get one in that shape and tackle it!

000_0275.jpg

While I was on my lunch break last knight I was seeing if there was anything new under bikes on cl , no luck, so I always check antiques and this one was listed with a bunch of old metal lawn chairs. just never know where folks will post stuff!!. its missing the rear axle and bearings, are they the same on most 5-10 spd. wheels?

If you decide you don't want to mess with it, I may be interested in parts or the whole thing. Got one I want to resurrect myself. Tires are one thing I'm looking for, and the seat on mine is red, which I don't think is original.

That is one sweet score!!

I may have an axle from a busted rear hub that's the same size. I'll check. Bearings can be bought from your LBS, but I probably have the ones from that axle.

If you're going to tear into it, start a build thread. I would really like to see this one brought back from it's Spiderman woes.

That will be great!! shoot me a PM with the info. got it tore down so I will start a build thread :wink: still have the flameout bike to finish.
CRASH said:
I may have an axle from a busted rear hub that's the same size. I'll check. Bearings can be bought from your LBS, but I probably have the ones from that axle.

If you're going to tear into it, start a build thread. I would really like to see this one brought back from it's Spiderman woes.

Latest posts

Back