1920s Hawthorne Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super SWEET! Awesome patina! What a great original and comlpete survivor! Nice score!

Honestly I love the wheels exactly like they are Bri. I know it wouldn't be ridable but I love the look of wood wheels and crusty rubber ("crubber") on late TOC bikes!!!

That paint is awesome....

Let me know if this ends up for sale.

Picked this up locally yesterday. I don't know too much about it other than it being late 20s and the patina just oozes coolness! Going to be looking to get some modern wheels on this thing and get her riding.

Velocity P35's, Wheelsmith stainless spokes and Electra Amsterdam tires worked out well on my Western Flyer.
20140811_161318.jpg

Excellent looking update on this cool bike. I have a pre WWI bike.(?)..still trying to pin down a date of manufacture...complete like yours with original straight wood rims and crusty tires. Sounds like this tire and wheel combination would also work for me.?? Barn find complete with dirt dabber wasps homes all over it.

Barn full of dirty gems...Kool Lemon Fastback, Green Slik Chik w/ original white-walled slik, Sky Blue Sch Sting-Ray Tornado, Red Sting-ray Jr, and the real gem....the G.L. Miner Co. Rochester, NY "Lenox" wood wheeled bike ...all orig with glass reflector on rear. The stand is snatched up by a screen-door type spring,...no doubt added later. No catch on the fender bottom. Anyone know anything about this bike....please let me know. Wood grips with finely cut and wrapped leather rings.

Front badge is in great shape. "LENOX''

Last edited by a moderator:
Back