1927 Stutz Motor-Bike built by Pope/Westfield Mfg

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been in parts gathering mode & have almost everything I need finally to start & complete the Stutz. Change of plans on the wheels on this bike, it is getting Velocity Blunt 35 rims that I already received & still need to paint the carmine color of the bike. Decided on the Blunt 35's to save some money since they are going to be painted anyway. Received new white jeweled Coke Bottle grips and will be using these white pedal blocks on some donor Torrington 8 pedals. Also bought a Persons Heavy Duty brown saddle that should be perfect for this bike last night so waiting to receive it. Got a Persons Majestic Tombstone auto car rear reflector off ebay that will be altered for bike use just for a fun touch. I'll document the alteration here when I get to it. The auto versions can be had for around $50 whereas the bike versions sell for $200+. Cream Electra Amsterdam tires are on their way to me as well. The bike will get the Delta battery canister I fabricated and a Delta light rather than the Vesta Accumulator set. The Vesta light & cannister are going on my 1915 Chief. Plan to start cleaning the bike up over the next week as soon as I get the Hartford finished, I am down to just lacing up the rear wheel on that bike (got the front one done Saturday & on the bike).

All I have left to find is:
- donor Torrington 8 pedals
- 28"drop stand
- EA Labs Klaxon Horn (black with appropriate patina)
- The perfect 1927 license plate

Here are the new parts:

Pedal Blocks & Grips

IMG_2014_zpse84344df.jpg

NOS Diamond Chain

IMG_2016_zpse33ebb62.jpg

Persons Tombstone Reflector

IMG_2018_zps9a5d72fb.jpg

Persons Heavy Duty Saddle

P1012398_zps7c18da48.jpg

P1012399_zps5047a476.jpg

P1012398_zps7c18da48.jpg

Received the perfect saddle for the Stutz in the mail today!!!!!!!!

IMG_2026_zps12bbfa12.jpg

More new items for the Stutz:

For fun, a 1927 Stutz hood ornament (older repop)

Rear rack that will have to be painted & distressed (came off a 1920's Hawthorne Flyer)

Got this killer EA Labs "klaxon style" horn but it's a little large so not sure yet what it's going on. I will try it on this bike but it appears to have been meant for a teens / twenties motorcycle. It is really large & loud!!!!!!!

Also having axsepul make me a custom license plate which I can't wait to get. I've been looking for an original 1927 license plate & nothing has showed up yet so opted for a custom touch. Also got a 28" drop stand & Torrington 8 pedals last week. I have now bought 4 sets of pedals for this bike & still unsure which route I'm going. Have everything on the way including accessories now except potentially a smaller EA Labs horn to complete the bike, we'll see. Now it's time to get to work cleaning & restoring everything.

Very nice parts. 8)

This Stutz will be another beaut....look forward to your continued progress. 8)

sleepy said:
Very nice parts. 8)

This Stutz will be another beaut....look forward to your continued progress. 8)

Thanks sleepy!!!!!!! Hope to get to work on it some more this weekend.

This bike will now be getting a Chief/Indian long handlebar stem to go better with the longer crossbar handlebars it is getting & I found the Delta light I really wanted to put on this bike. I've now bought 4 lights for this bike and finally found & settled on this Delta which is what I was originally looking for. Luckily 2 of them, the Vesta Accumulators, will create one complete light/canister set for the 1915 Chief leaving me only one light which will likely go on the 1930 Columbia.

I also got the custom bicycle license from Axsepul which I thought he did a great job on. Had him go Jekyll Island Club on it as we vacation there some & it was the second home for some of America's most wealthy in the twenties & thirties. It is a great place to ride bikes, play golf, and lay around on the beach if you've never been, very laid back vacation spot.

Got the headbadge polished up and cleaning the frame is in progress so more to come......

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
oooo, how great is that stem?? envious.

Thanks, can't wait to see it on the bike myself. Have a ways to go yet.

Latest posts

Back