1928 Elgin motorbike street racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys....I am looking forward to getting it out and up to speed. My goal is to ride the local 10mile TT course and see what I can do. I'd like to average 20mph for the 10miles. The course is flat, so I think if I drop the rear to a 16t it could happen :roll: :roll:

Terry66 said:
Thanks guys....I am looking forward to getting it out and up to speed. My goal is to ride the local 10mile TT course and see what I can do. I'd like to average 20mph for the 10miles. The course is flat, so I think if I drop the rear to a 16t it could happen :roll: :roll:
Sounds cool! Let us know how you go! :D

Luke.

That wheel set is insane. 700c coasters?! It's a shame those bars had to be cut. But the patina'd red is one of my favorite bike colors. Awesome build.

Terry66 said:
I got the bars cut down and wrapped. I like the way they look. I need to add the pedals, rear sprocket and chain and take this bad boy for a test ride!

I think I need a "worn" black tool bag to mount on the seat.

28elgin7.jpg

Awesome! Love the tire/wheel set up. I would like to see an up close picture of the leather wrap. 8)

P.S. Someone's gonna be a little upset when that towel shows up in the laundry! :roll:

I'll get it outside and better pics this weekend....gonna put the chain on first. Didn't have leather wrap, so I just used regular bar wrap for now. I need to make sure these bars are good first anyway. I think it had cross brace bars originally. These were a set I got for $5.

Its all good on the towel. I have shop rags and a few "garage" towels. We travel a bit, so my towels are on loan from various hotels across the country. :lol: I save them up and they all get washed by themselves.

Back