1934 Flying Cloud ?????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This bike is said to be a 1934 Flying Cloud, Any confirmatiom or Value?

flycloud1.jpg

No I don't have it, a guy on another site saved it from the original owner who had already told a junk guy he could have 2 bikes for $10. He convinced the guy to wait till he could get more info. The bike is available and is in PA I will forward SERIOUS inquiries only, as the owner is Old and WILL NOT ship, must visit him and purchase.

I am going to look at one locally here in Pittsburgh this weekend. 89-year-old original owner receive the bike as a gift when he was a kid for doing paper delivery or something. This sorta looks like the bike but I have only seen small photo of it on craigslist. I'll post here if I get it.

Cheers,
VonFink

sounds like the same bike, same owner, hope you get it instead of the scrap guys that offered him $10. for 2 bikes

Okay, I went and saw the flying cloud. I even took a few photos of it. It is indeed this same bike as shown in the photos above and it really does have an ugly puce colored frame, having been overpainted at some point. I didn't like riding feel of its geometry and the front wheel was a bit wonky so I didn't buy it. I mean, if I hadn't just bought Walker's 1930's Westerfield tank bike frame I ---might--- have been more interested.

I spoke a while with the 89-year-old fellow that owns it and I learned a little bit about it. The rear rack was an aftermarket item he put on as a boy. I almost tried to see if he would just sell me the rack because it is so unique---looks as if it is actually curved like that, not just bent from being used or overloaded. At some point he left it stored while he was overseas and somebody in his family overpainted the frame.

If anybody wants any more details, please let me know. As far as I know the bike is still available but I doubt he would go through the hassle of shipping it.

Cheers,
Tim

Back