1936 CWC build (added a siren)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My 1936 CWC frame I bought from 1959Firearrow came today. Under all that paint was a very nice frame. I've got a pair of prewar painted rims coming, Nexus 7spd., long spring seat I bought from slowriderzs, Roadmaster badge from Ozzmonaut.
http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/988407/fullsize/img_3166.jpg[/mg]
[img]http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/988408/fullsize/img_3167.jpg
img_3169.jpg

img_3172.jpg

Re: 1936 Roadmaster build

For now I'm not planning on painting the frame and forks. If I change my mind it will probably be painted gloss black.
Here is a picture of the frame after I finished wire wheeling the rest of the paint and loose rust off. I'm not planning on polishing the frame.
Kenny

img_3176.jpg

img_3177.jpg

img_3178.jpg

img_3179.jpg

Re: 1936 Roadmaster build

My Nexus 7spd. and long spring seat came today.
Kenny
img_3181.jpg

img_3182.jpg

Re: 1936 CWC build

Very cool, excellent assortment of parts. 8)

Thanks Sleepy, I hope it turns out to be a good rider.
Kenny

My rims came, and I picked up my stainless spokes yesterday. I got the Nexus 7 laced into the rim and trued tonight.
I still need to buy a front hub, and get spokes for the front wheel.
Kenny
img_3214.jpg

img_3216.jpg

img_3217.jpg

It's slowly coming together. Got the rear tire on, I've got truss forks on the way and I ordered my front hub today.
I'm going to start off with a standard chain, after I work all the bugs out, I'm going to switch over to a skip tooth setup.
Kenny
img_3219.jpg

img_3220.jpg

I was soooooo tempted by that frame. I was even recently thinking of looking back to see if it was still available. Glad to see it went to a good home and that it's turning out so nicely. Keep it up buddy!

Great blend of parts!

I love how its coming along!

:mrgreen:

Thanks guys for all the great comments. I try to go in a different direction on each build.
Kingfish, I thought you did buy the 36 when I seen you had pm'd the seller. I'm glad you didn't I've always wanted a prewar bike, I really like the the design of this frame.
Kenny

You're doing a wicked job with it. I'll get one eventually. I just have too many other project frames around right now. I agree that the lines on these frames are sweet!

My welded truss forks came today, they look great. I still need to wire wheel the paint off.
Had to flip the sprocket on the Nexus chain alignment was way off.
The axle hole in the forks is 3/8" would I still use a 5/16" axle. Is the extra clearance is for wiggle room to get the wheel on since the forks aren't slotted? All my bikes so far have had a 5/16" axle I wouldn't think this set of forks would be any different.
Kenny
img_3221.jpg

img_3222.jpg

I wanted to take the 36 out for a ride, but my front hub hasn't come in yet, and I haven't hooked up the shifter. I threw a pair of handlebars and a front wheel on and went for a ride. It rode great. Hopefully my hub will come this week so I can build my front rim. I think I'm going to go with a pair of clay colored Duro bricks. The jury is still out on keeping the crank from a 20" bike. The seat surprised me, it rides great even without paddling.
Kenny
img_3223.jpg

img_3224.jpg

img_3225.jpg

img_3227.jpg

Made a few changes to the 36. Put Duro bricks on, picked up a dog leg crank set. Waiting for my front hub, and laid back set post.
Kenny
img_3238.jpg

img_3237.jpg

img_3239.jpg

I got my layback seatpost from Chad (slowriderz) it's awesome as always. I'm still waiting for my front hub so I can finish the front rim, I'm hoping any day now. I also ordered a set of clay colored Durro bricks.
Kenny
img_3241.jpg

img_3242.jpg

The chainguard I bought from sacketcycleworks came today. It goes perfectly with the bike, the right amount of patina.
Still waiting on my front hub, I'm over ordering parts on Amazon it always takes forever to get a part.
Kenny
img_3247.jpg

img_3246.jpg

img_3248.jpg

Re: 1936 CWC build (finished)

Finally got a front hub, the correct front rim is finally on the bike.
Kenny
img_3300.jpg

img_3301.jpg

Re: 1936 CWC build (finished?)

My Torrington handlebars came off of Cameron's (Udallcustombikes) Western Flyer rat. They look black, but they've only been wire wheeled and wiped down with CRC. She's my ultimate cruiser, with prewar looks and a Nexus 7 spd. hub.
What a change:
img_3167.jpg

img_3171.jpg

img_3302.jpg

img_3303.jpg

img_3304.jpg

img_3305.jpg

img_3306.jpg

img_3307.jpg

img_3308.jpg

img_3310.jpg

Back