1936 ELGIN MOTO BIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, I've decided to keep the old bird for a while and spruce it up a bit.

Thinking about having the frame and forks powdercoated black and having the fenders blasted and leaving them raw. I think the fenders will look nice with the other metal parts. May even get my buddy Chad to lay down some stripes on the raw fenders eventually.

Just need to track down a seat, some handlebars and some tires. The current seat is no longer usable because the leather ripped up the middle. The tires are also seriously trashed....had to see in the photos.

Here's the bike as I found it....

DSC_0042-2.jpg

And here it is partially broken down.

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Sounds like a good color scheme. Not surprised you're keeping that one.

Glad you decided to hold on to it.I love that thing.Can't wait to see it.

The front wheel cleaned up pretty well...there is some light oxidation in spots.

From what I can tell it's the original chrome. So far all I did was use soap and water and some Mother's chrome polish.

DSC_0076-1.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

The bike is a really good base of a hundred good ideas ,or a really good looking bike if left as is. Super deal. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

its beautious!! :mrgreen: can i have it? lol just kidding. but seriously. ill take it if you dont want it.

Back