1936 Elgin Skylark pics********

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this at a bike swap meet here in Sac today. The Owner said he found it along with a 36 Bluebird in a barn in Stockton. He had them restored and sold the Bluebird to a guy in Russia.

30lmhkk.jpg

302p24n.jpg

Those are beautiful bikes there. They're the ladies counterpart to the Bluebird so that's pretty amazing that they were found at the same place. One at Ann Arbor today won best unrestored, I believe.

Bikes were so cool in the late 30's. Then WW2 went an messed it all up. :x We would probably cringe if we knew how many 30's cruisers went into the WW2 scrap metal drives. It's amazing there's any prewar bikes left at all. Gary

Well that's just beautiful indeed. It's funny how the metal parts look so sturdy and well made, but that saddle looks just awful. But yeah, times were different :)

Oh and is that some kind of speedometer there?

Bher said:
Well that's just beautiful indeed. It's funny how the metal parts look so sturdy and well made, but that saddle looks just awful. But yeah, times were different :)

Oh and is that some kind of speedometer there?

That's your opinion. I love the leaf-spring saddle!
The rest of the bike is just as gorgeous!

Back