1937 Colson Imperial...Holy Grail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Found this. Worked a deal. Arranging it's trip to me.

Big thanks to Nick Baxter for helping with the packing and shipping of this bike. It was found in Minneapolis.

Fork is wrong but but still has badge.
Light looks to have been changed.
It should have the long Colson stem right.
Guard is an add on.
Paint is spectacular. So is the overall condition.

d0cfed9d600bd1b5bc7083b29e61b817.jpg

6ffe4fa184aace42e3a8a99b22666fc1.jpg

538df1d4506fe982c8fcd58f55b668eb.jpg

0926a1c609b633afd7f116b04014e3c2.jpg

c5e17f086015b0c19e83cc35cdeeadfb.jpg

7ce0ead2933587ffbf1a981d86b71541.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congratulations my friend!
She's a beauty!
I'm very happy for you.

I love it,. particularly the guard. Do they repop those? does anyone here have one? Im interested!

Nice! I would've never known it was more impressive than an Airflow or Bluebird without some education, though. Thanks for nuthin' for ruining my idea of what I thought the Holy Grail was up to this point in my life... :grin:

Not more impressive, or more valuable. Just much more rare than an airflow or bluebird.

The '37 Colson imperial is just a big deal to a Colson guy.

It's Colson's answer to the Schwinn motorbike and cycle plane from '36.

So few exist completed from factory. Most have been pieces together.

Probably as rare as an Evenrude as far as production numbers.

I love it,. particularly the guard. Do they repop those? does anyone here have one? Im interested!

Id sell you this one. I'm not keeping it on there. It's not original.

I know less than nothing about Colson bikes. I do know that the springer on your bike looks just like a Schwinn springer. Schwinn came out with their springer in '37, the same year as your bike, and it was a copy of a springer on a 30's German motorcycle. Do you have any info on the look-a-like springer? Gary

I know less than nothing about Colson bikes. I do know that the springer on your bike looks just like a Schwinn springer. Schwinn came out with their springer in '37, the same year as your bike, and it was a copy of a springer on a 30's German motorcycle. Do you have any info on the look-a-like springer? Gary

It's Schwinn. I said in my top post it needs the correct '37 imperial waterfall badge fork.

Not sure what year the Schwinn springer is

A pop quiz may be given at any time and all content may appear on the final exam.
It is very important to listen to and comprehend everything the professor says! :acute:
Then you are free to forget everything you learned and go get a real job.

A pop quiz may be given at any time and all content may appear on the final exam.
It is very important to listen to and comprehend everything the professor says! :acute:

Then you are free to forget everything you learned and go get a real job.

I promise these guys tell me they are my friends...

Hahah what a shame to talk about bicycle stuff on a bicycle forum.

Latest posts

Back