Serious Weather

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulu

Stinky Old Fish
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much sorrow for the folks back east, who have suffered under the recent storms. Reports of 2000 people missing or perished were uttered here!

Reports from Florida are certainly frightening. People evacuating again. Category 5 expected. 150-200 mph winds. Rain by the bucket.

This is unknown here. Clovis has never had winds over 45 mph in the 50 years since I moved here. A gust of 57 was once recorded nearby in Fresno. We had 2” or 3” of rain in two days before, but never often. Maybe every 10 years we get a good storm.

We are having Indian Summer here.
B760917E-0128-4560-8683-7AE487B9C662.jpeg

People complain about the heat, but I lived in Phoenix, which is always hotter.

I know we’ve had members here who are affected. I have no clue who is who though.

I pray you all are high and dry this week.

We’ve got a huge contingent of members in Florida. North to south, east to west. Hopefully all are safe and well and can check in

Big 💔 for WNC, eastern Tennessee, upstate SC, and central GA. There are areas of WNC that will take a decade to recover if ever

We’ve been working with a few supply drop operations over the past week. The things we’ve seen and the stories we’ve heard are truly devastating. Now our oldest daughter’s boyfriend is being deployed as part of his FEMA contract. Not sure if he’ll be in Florida for Milton or WNC doing Helene recovery.

I’d encourage anyone that is financially capable to donate to some of the fundraising efforts. If anyone needs recommendations for legitimate and secure donation spots, feel free to PM me.

I have family back in east Kentucky that got hit, & they lost their gardens, fences, chickens and a doghouse from a mudslide. Trees were down but the roads were opened quickly, Nothing like what happened in North Carolina.

My mom told me stories of the Ohio river flooding. They were taking children to the schoolhouse in a rowboat in the 30’s.

I’ve never had to live through worse than a muskeg snowstorm. After living here so long, I would not be prepared.

Latest posts

Back