1937 Schwinn Built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found last week . It was just the frame, fork, stem, crank and rear wheel and tire. The rear tire is probably the original, it is a Sivertown, and it was blown out and crusted up flat. Believe it or not it aired up and is holding it! (don't make nothing like they used to). I started researching the frame design which I thought was unusal for schwinn but started finding that exact design was used for one year only (??) and that was 37. I pulled the crank and oh ya!! SA 37!! I then added the front wheel with a old BF tire and added the seat and seat post. I pullled those bars off a similiar aged bike and was pleased to find a "Torrington" hiding under the crusty grips. So far I'm digging it , I want it to look period correct.
Picture070.jpg

Here's some more pics of it, I forgot it had fenders on it too. Check out the rear rim, looks earlier, 30-33??
Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Yep, you're spot on with the ID. A 1937 Model C-67. Schwinn's answer to the "Zep" frames. I would imagine that's a pretty rare frame. Don't sell it too cheap! Gary
CCF04242012_00000.jpg

The fenders that where on it where not correct, but I dug around in the shed a found 2 girls bikes that must be about the same year (both have the same locking fork) and are complete, I might do some swaping to complete this one.

These models came out in 1936. Yours is in fact a '37 due to the angle of the cycle lock. Its a shame the fenders are missing as finding matching paint parts is next to impossible. Other than that these models are relatively easy to flesh out since they didn't ever have a tank or rack. The fenders you choose will determine if you need a light or not. That seat looks perfect, the paint looks like it will clean up very nicely. The correct stem is fairly easy to find (I have one if you're interested). Nice find with a lot of potential! Congrats!

Love this one!! Great find!

Latest posts

Back