1938 Colson Firestone

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've changed my mind on my photo entry. Instead, I present this photo of my '38 Colson-built Firestone Sentinel:

P1015856.jpg

I took this in early autumn along the Auburn Trail, north of Fishers, NY. I took the shot with my (now broken) Olympus C8080. The bike is actually at the entrance to an old railroad tunnel that passes under the NYS Thruway, although you can't see much of the tunnel itself in this specific shot. When I acquired the bike, it looked like it'd been pulled out of a hedgerow. I didn't even know what color it was, in fact, I didn't realize that it still had paint on it. The wheels wouldn't turn either, since the tires were so deformed and dry rotted that they wouldn't clear the fender stays, chain stays, etc. But a few hours worth of work, complete disassembly, cleaning, and new tires, I found this under the old nastiness. It is completely rideable, in fact, I rode it several miles in to where I took this set of pictures.

Re: Monark BonniRocket

Last photo.

I'm submitting a portrait photo too. Let's make Steve work on this one. :lol:

Re: Monark BonniRocket

i havent seen many (if any) pictures that are as focused on one spot. I like it! Can I see the rest of the bike?

I've changed my mind on my photo entry, so I've replaced the picture of my Monark Rocket with the one now shown in the first post, now of my Colson Firestone. I like this picture better than most any of the pictures that I took of the Rocket. Anyone interested can see a lot of my photos of the Colson here:
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/ ... 1QQtppZZ36

Love the red on red!

Back