1940-41 schwinn THE TRADITIONAL TERRY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this one done for the march meet drags so if anyone in so cal is going and sees it stop terry and say hey. did some outlines of the scallops as well as changing the white lines in the back to red. terry found the cool white pedals, and the awesome head light that really finish the bike off. this sucker was torn down, polished, wheels built, and put back together in three days whew i am tired.

ebay008-3.jpg

ebay010-2.jpg

ebay011-1.jpg

ebay011-2.jpg

ebay012-2.jpg

also forgot the cool brooks grips that terry wanted to use. but we both hated the grey ends so i hit them on the wire wheel to make the finish match the rest of the bike better. also note the new departure bell that terry found

terry was smart for having you do this one :mrgreen:
btw tell him thats the wrong badge for that bike but i happen to have a nos one for it(green)that id be happy to swap :wink:

I love the color of that old frame. I think it's called Indigo Blue. I have a B-6 frame that color but it's not near as nice as yours. Illinois winters are rough! Gary

I like both of these new builds quite a bit. You'll see what I mean here soon.

I thought that was cobalt blue. :?:

thanks for the comments. i like how it turned out however it is funny how the two of us lean towards the other one that is a bit more on the ratty side :lol:

sensor could you post a pic of the badge your talking about? terry is interested

sensor said:
terry was smart for having you do this one :mrgreen:
btw tell him thats the wrong badge for that bike but i happen to have a nos one for it(green)that id be happy to swap :wink:

That's a "Schwinn World" badge I think. Why would that be the wrong badge? You may be right, but just wondering. Gary

karfer67 said:
thanks for the comments. i like how it turned out however it is funny how the two of us lean towards the other one that is a bit more on the ratty side :lol:

Ratty just seems to have a little more character.

thanks for the pics sensor i think that the world badge might be right and even if it is not who cares it looks cool, at least i think so. and zoso this one has character too it is just a different sort. the other one has that mean look this one looks more like a gentleman.

Back