1940s BMX?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those pictures are too dang awesome, those kids had conditioned themselves with heavy bikes for them to do as good as they are.

Do you think they would do better or worse if they had the lighter bikes of today after riding heavy bikes for so long?

Thats the awesomest thing ive ever seen!! That one kid is even throwin out a no footer!! This means my 38 Colson could have seen a few launches back in the day!! Sweet!! :mrgreen:
26ER_zps1f417319.jpg

We had a similar hole when I was a kid, well, not so similar, it was much much smaller, but it was an unexplained hole back in the woods, we called it Disco Ditch. When you stood in the bottom the walls were probably 10 feet tall, you would drop in on one side and jump out the other, later people started calling it The Bowl. I only went to that place with my friend Chris Blaha when I spent the night at this house and I would always bring my BMX with me, but one time I didn't have the bike, he loaned me his sister's 10 speed, and I rode it through Disco Ditch... I wish we had cameras back then.

Henry morgan said:
would kill for the goose neck from the bike in the 1st 4 pics...
Hey man, I think I got one! You wouldn't have to kill anything to get it though. I will check and let ya know.

I for one, am very concerned about the lack of helmets, elbow pads, shin pads and basic body armor. These are Rebels, you can see it in there eyes. Yes, there is a good chance that all of these youngster's are future HIPPIES.

ozzmonaut said:
CCR said:
I like how everyone is wearing a white shirt in the middle of a dust bowl :mrgreen:
White tees were the team uniform! They were sponsored by fruit of the loom. :lol:
Does the cuffed pant legs scream, "Team tuff," or what?

dragnusa said:
I couldnt imagine launching a heavy bike like those in the air

Having had a pre-bmx youth, I can assure you that launching is easy and painless. :| :mrgreen:

mikeeebikey said:
ozzmonaut said:
CCR said:
I like how everyone is wearing a white shirt in the middle of a dust bowl :mrgreen:
White tees were the team uniform! They were sponsored by fruit of the loom. :lol:
Does the cuffed pant legs scream, "Team tuff," or what?

I grew up in the 50s and denim pants is all we wore. They came in one inseam size and you rolled the cuffs to fit. Cuffs were also a useful device to sneak liver away from the dinner table to be flushed down the toilet. Robert

Back