1940s or 50's dutch runwell roadster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked this up from the back end of a local bike shop, they figured theyd never sell it so I got a pretty good deal on it!! Plus it has new tires and tubes! :D :D It seems all original aside from that, well maybe not the seat it looks in too good of condition. The rims are 26 by 1 and 3/8ths dunlops made in england laced to a bendix out back and a unknown hub with grease fitting up front, the rear hub needs to be tightended a bit, the braking sucks!! :lol: :lol: It has cotter juncker cranks which are kind of loose atm with basic block pedals. The frame is one of those odd balls with the removable seat stays similar to the raleighs and bsas of the time. To my luck it even has the original brass head badge in killer condition and what looks to be an american eagle brass pendant brazed on the back fender. The only problem is I cant figure out anything about the maker, I looked up runwell and they made bikes in england not holland but the head badge on this one says appledorf holland, why would it use american hubs and english hoops then?? :shock: :shock: Im guessing it was brought back by someone in the service or maybe is was shipped over to england? It is a pretty sweet bike none the less, it might be for sale section soon so look out for it! Im always buying and selling :lol: :lol: I also have an idea to turn it into a utility trike with an old schwinn rear end i have.

1346439762.jpg

1346439900.jpg

1346439926.jpg

1346439811.jpg

1346439856.jpg

Latest posts

Back