1940's? Sunshine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this twin bar Sunshine (made in Waterloo Ontario) on the weekend. The gentleman I bought it off of said it was from the 40's. I was looking for a build off bike and thought this would be a great start. He threw in a rear rack (with the jewelled reflector still intact). Does anyone know where I might be able to figure out the actual date? The serial number is on the seat tube (012916). I plan on picking up a tank and entering this May's build off. I just put a seat I had laying around the garage to get an idea for what kind of seat tube I want to use. Thanks for any information you might have about this old Sunshine.
IMG_0638.jpg

I have had a few of those. As far as I know there is no way of telling the year by the serial number. Apparently the Sunshine Company only made bicycles for about 13 years ending in 1952. I have seen lots of them here for sale but then again I'm only 45 minutes from Kitchener where they were made. Unless it was an all nice original paint survivor, I would say rat it! Great build off bike!

I agree with Rob. In it's condition it's in it's a great candidate. I'm thinking of useing one of my monarks as a build off bike lol Even bigger sin!!!

I saw someone post on another site, that the "Sunshines bicycle line was only in business 10 or 11 years and never produced huge numbers in any of those years so I imagine they're pretty scarce."

I don't see them come up for sale very often. I would like to get my hands on one, and would probably try to keep it as original as possible as they are kind of rare, great find!

Sean

Back