1940'S WHIZZER MOTORBIKE UPDATE 2/26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that i would share what i have been working on lately. not sure year exact, but from the 40's. it is on a bf goodrich frame, has shelby springer. crank had to be turned and the rod straightened and rebuilt. also had to be bored out to get the cylinder round again. i am running a new style piston. alot of people say you can't do that, but you can. all you have to do is reem out the piston 3thousandths for the old wrist pin to fit. should finish it up in the next week or two. my only dilema is i am a "no fender" kind of guy but want to run my rear drop stand. don't know, may just get a center stand for it.
DSCF0598.jpg

Re: 1940'S WHIZZER MOTORBIKE

murraymadman said:
my only dilema is i am a "no fender" kind of guy but want to run my rear drop stand. don't know, may just get a center stand for it.

Interesting you should mention this... I have been thinking the same thing lately and I have an idea for a spring style clip that would mount up where the stand attaches to the frame. It would hold the stand in the up position and then you could press it to "unlock" the stand and put it in the down position. I started drawing it at work with CAD, if it ever gets done I'll post a picture for you.

I sold a heavy duty dropstand that had the spring retainer system all inclusive (if that makes sense), there was no clip. the stand was off a Bridgestone ladies bike with rod brakes.

Great looking bike, I like the Colson looptails

are the fork legs bent or is it just the camera angle?

yeah highship, if you get a drawing together let me know. walker, it is the camera angle. i was running this front end on my murray motorbike before swapping it out.

a little progress has happened, not as much as i would like, but progress nonetheless. hope to get it pretty well wrapped up in the next week or two. i am trying to get an electronic ignition off of flea bay that will due away with the points. also, i took the head back off to mill it down and give it some more compression.
DSCF0602.jpg

Back