1941 Dodge Luxury Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching craigslist heavily for the last couple weeks I finally found a new summer project! I picked up a 1941 Dodge Luxury Liner with original running 218 i6 flathead, fluid drive transmission and suicide doors. It has some rust but hey, it's a 70 year old car that still runs and I bet some people have more into their RRBBO bikes than I paid for it. :D Sorry for the cell phone pic teaser, my 1.3 megapixel flip phone from 2006 isn't the best. :lol: ... SO PUMPED

luxuryliner.jpg

Oh, I am soooo jelous! Great find, especialy still running (and driving? I hopes for your sake) I hope you have a very happy rlationship with this beauty.
Keep us posted!

thats sweet! I had a 40 lasalle, what great times we had in it.... wish I never sold it... along with 6 or 7 others... :roll:

Wellll drives is a subjective term. To me if it runs and moves under it's own power, it drives.things like brakes and tires are just details. :lol: Love to see this progress, Thanks for sharing

You always have some project going on :lol: Cool car, can't wait to see what you do with it :wink:

Does that car have an AM radio?

Probably broadcast Pearl Harbor.

I found a huge old AM radio in the back seat that is stamped MOPAR but I don't think it went in this car, it looks late 40's early 50's and there's no evidence of it ever being mounted on the dash.

I got the front seat out so I could get a better idea of how bad the floors are, rusty 70 year old bolts are never fun to get out. There are a couple spots under the back seat that will need replacing and the drivers side under the front seat up to the pedals is pretty much ready to fall apart. The trunk also has a few holes but I'll worry about that later.

P1010834.jpg

P1010833.jpg

P1010835.jpg

P1010836.jpg

Considering it's a 1941 that rust is nothing, I've seen MUCH worse. But I live in Indiana so I've seen 2001's with worse rust.... :roll: Personally I'd leave it the original color and re-do it but Flat black with some flames, pinstripes, or scallops would look awesome too. Can't wait to see it done.
Here's a little inspiration for you
3869986749_9a7f6af03b_o.jpg

49503362.BS0501loDSCN0310.jpg

Now all you need is one of these to match.
3337654500_901fe11706_z.jpg

I'm not going to paint the outside but the inside and the floors are going to get a thick coat of rust stop black paint to keep the rust from spreading any more. So far my plans are to fix the brakes (they don't work at all), find another 16" wheel for the left rear because it has a 15" on it now and do a general "safety inspection". After that I'm just going to drive it for a bit and fix what needs fixin' :D I can't wait to drive this to school next year, I'm going to park right next to the principal. :mrgreen: That flat black '41 2 door does look pretty good, but I'm not much of a flat black guy.

Very cool car.....looks like a great project.

Keep it coming, buddy. Outskirt, that car of yours is outstanding, love it

Being the MOPAR type guy that I am...Im diggin' it Big Time!

Good Luck with it and keep us posted.

I got the back patched up but every time I feel like I'm making progress I keep finding more bad spots. I'm fine with a few pinholes here and there because I want it to be somewhat ratty but I also don't want to drop my wallet through a hole in the floor while I'm doing 60mph on the highway. :lol:

P1010838.jpg

This is the worst area in the whole car, it was held together by the rust.
P1010839.jpg

Back