1942 Columbia Wartime Lightweight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Appears to be all original so I think I'll leave it alone. For now...
Picked it up around noon and have been riding it around since. It rides perfect!

Pictures130.jpg

Hand painted lettering
Pictures131.jpg

Sweet seat!
Pictures132.jpg

This bike embodies the essence of what draws me to them to begin with; utilitarian, simple, functional, dependable. This bike is "bike". And its kind of classy looking in its simplicity. If Hemingway could write a bike, this would be it in all of its minimalist glory. Does that make sense or is it the beer talking?

Mister R said:
This bike embodies the essence of what draws me to them to begin with; utilitarian, simple, functional, dependable. This bike is "bike". And its kind of classy looking in its simplicity. If Hemingway could write a bike, this would be it in all of its minimalist glory. Does that make sense or is it the beer talking?
Amen brotha

Mister R said:

Very well said ^^ :wink:

Mister R said:

I totally agree. Most people don't realize that this bike is anything special. But once you realize that this bike is from 1942, the beginning of WWII when not just anyone could go and buy a bike and you actually had to prove that the bike was a necessity, it's pretty cool. And that seat, well thats literally the icing on the cake. I can safely say this bike is not for sale and neither are any of the parts (including the seat! :D

Yeah, I knew the seat wouldn't be for sale. It belongs on that bike anyway. I just didn't realize a seat like that would be so hard to find.

harquahalas said:
Yeah, I knew the seat wouldn't be for sale. It belongs on that bike anyway. I just didn't realize a seat like that would be so hard to find.

I know! I've got a few other hairpin seats if you're looking for one. Nothing close to this condition though.

ohdeebee said:
harquahalas said:

I know! I've got a few other hairpin seats if you're looking for one. Nothing close to this condition though.

If you've got pics, throw em up.

Back