1946 Cleveland Welding 11-11 update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gave this one to my son Jesse to fix up. He is a member here but dosnt visit very often so im going to document for him :D I told him to do whatever he wants so i dont know how this will end up :shock: here are the start pictures
006-5.jpg
001-20.jpg
004-16.jpg

Re: 1946 Cleveland Welding

Stick a seat on the post and clamp it down good. Give it a few twists, and she'll come right out! :D

Good luck 8)

ndaway said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Stick a seat on the post and clamp it down good. Give it a few twists, and she'll come right out! :D

Good luck 8)
We tried :? We are still going to try a few more times before we give up 8)

That thing must be REAL STUCK! :shock:

Have you tried dynamite? :lol: Soak it with PB Blaster every time you think about it for a few days, then get a pipe wrench on it, with the frame in a vise, or Jesse holding it & see if you can get it loose by twisting it. You could also try heating it up with a propane torch, that sometimes works also. Just a couple of ideas....

I think I have the same frame, or very close to it! I know mine is a 46 CWC though.

P8220046.jpg

the both look extremely close to mine but how do you tell the year?
68340_4783939676776_2111101020_n.jpg

Post serial numbers! Bottom of the bottom bracket...a few people here can read them..ratina will for sue!

Ive had good luck getting stuck seat posts out by.... soaking in PB or WD (duh)

then clamp the seatpost stub in a sturdy bench vise (frame upside down) then twist the frame to loosen.

you end up destroying the seatpost, but sacrifices have to be made!

I love watching your builds and the CWC frame is one of my all time favorites! I'm looking forward to watching this one!

My son has abandoned this build (saving for his own car) And im bored so i am taking it over 8) I really dont need another bike but i have lots of parts so i decided to build it as cheap as i can with the parts i have. It will be a klunker - budget build kinda because I have some bmx style parts that i dont think i will ever use other wise..so today i painted with some textured metalic grey
003-22.jpg
002-28.jpg

ndaway said:
Well good news my son came home from work and said wow I love it and wants to finish and keep it :mrgreen:
It's that just the way it goes :lol: :wink:
That textured paint job looks awesome!

Back