1948 Custom Deluxe Seminole

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I guess I should start my own "fresh find" post on this. I kinda did a highjack in 1918 Ranger's "1941 Special Deluxe" post...sorry.

I picked this 1948 "Custom Deluxe Seminole" up this week...like I need another girls bike.
Other than the incorrect installed middleweight wheelset (should be 2.125"s), seat, dented fenders and grips...this is a true survivor with vibrant paint and decaling.
Even the wife approved. She likes the Red, White and Blue colors.
Probably will be a high demand d theme bike for our a njal family 4th of July ride at the Va. Beach oceanfront.

upuje8um.jpg

4ysy3egu.jpg

7u6yquby.jpg

9uny5u2e.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys....did a little minor cleaning on the right side of the bike last night.
Wow, the paint and crispness of the pinstripping was a pleasant shock. Just a little WD40 and 0000 light scrubbing and it really popped.
Will need a nice wheelset and tires for this one. Replaced the seat with a close to period Troxel for the pics.
I had bought this for the fender light for my 48 green white mens 5 star but, decided it is original to this bike so, it will stay. The rear reflector aluminum housing and lens is in great shape too.
Just need to fix the fender dents and grease her up....surprising the wife likes it too. She does like the Red, White and Blue theme.

Not the clearest pictures but, it is obvious to me the change after some minor cleaning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The brass badge is in great shape too.
attachment.php

An antique shop that I didn't even know was there in Norfolk on Granby St.
Guy that painted the yellow Columbia alerted me to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back