1950 Craigslist Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not looking to increase my herd, per se, but I am still looking around gainesville to see whats out there (which is not much). This has been on and off CL for a while. Has aftermarket; BB adapter, fork, stem. SN confirms 1950. I don't know what frame colors would have come with a brown head badge or if the frame is "special" enough to warrant a $150 price tag.

Opinions, comments, criticisms welcome.......thanx....md

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/bik/d/gainesville-vintage-1950-schwinn/7775816880.html

schwinn canti back half.jpg
schwinn canti overall pic_1.jpg

I'm not looking to increase my herd, per se, but I am still looking around gainesville to see whats out there (which is not much). This has been on and off CL for a while. Has aftermarket; BB adapter, fork, stem. SN confirms 1950. I don't know what frame colors would have come with a brown head badge or if the frame is "special" enough to warrant a $150 price tag.

Opinions, comments, criticisms welcome.......thanx....md

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/bik/d/gainesville-vintage-1950-schwinn/7775816880.html

View attachment 277823View attachment 277824
I'm not sure about the fork but $150 is a bit steep for the frame

Looks like someone started with a bare frame and was going to make a klunker with those BMX style forks and 3 piece crank conversion. Only the bare frame is 1950.
The frame looks nice and straight but half the asking price is what I would expect. If you had to buy wheels and everything to make it a rider you would be spending around 500 bucks. If you had a pile of parts or got a used beach cruiser you would spend a lot less and make it worthwhile. That's only if you want it, you won't get any profit if you try to sell it. The whole bike when finished might only get $150.

Here's a vid of a build using the same frame as that one.

Thanx, folks. That is what I had anticipated. A $150 for a plain Jane frame is too much for me right now, I was just wondering if there was something I was missing about it. Thanx again...........

Latest posts

Back