1950 Hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a guy that has a 1950 Hornet tank bike for sale that is in about the same rusty condition as the Panther sitting in the snow on this sites homepage, maybe a little worse. What is a fair value for such bike and how big of tires can you put under a balloon bike??

He's asking $300, but I think he might take $250. I really want a balloon tanker, and it just has the chrome struts, no springer. Didn't know if $250 would be too much to pay or not...

the chrome would have to be decent for me to consider paying that much . I bought this one for $125
006-2.jpg

How much you can afford to pay is up to you. I would have a hard time spending $300 on a bike with lots of rust. Make sure the Rims are solid and not too rusty. You should be able to fit 26x 2.125 tires,

Sweet! That's what I was wondering. I saw some 26x3 tires on ebay, but didnt know if they would fit a balloon or not. However the 24x3 idea will work for me!!
Thanks guys...

Back