1950 Roadmaster Luxury Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Wasn't going to post this yet but, the excitement is killing me and Daggum I'm proud to own one complete Luxury Liner finally.
It's rough but, a great project.
Lots to.do to this one.
After pictures coming soon....hopefully

jy6ygy8y.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Thanks VR6.
Just need to get a few replacement parts now and some major cleaning and polishing.
Found that the crank is bent last night. Argggg!

nujy3usy.jpg

u4ejapu4.jpg

Thanks jim, nightrider, Kim and schwinnray69...
It's a project at the moment. Should be well patina'd and close to all original with the needed correct replacement parts on my wish list.
Wheels ND "D" on the rear and ND "W" on the front....or let least that was what was on it when I got it.
Crank
Headlight bezel (maybe) and lens
Hbars and stem with a little better chrome
Grips.
Then of course tires and tubes.
Then what to do for a seat....recover or replacement.
Did buy a repop LLiner chainguard but not sure if it is what works for the patina.
Bought it off ebay and the seller was very helpfull.
Thanks Zook.

Here is what the chromed drops look like if anybody has a set.

vudezabe.jpg

I parted out last year a Luxury Liner, I am sure I didn't sold the crank set, maybe I will find it (was a girls bike).
And I have this Roadmaster, 50's. Somebody was interested to buy it tomorrow, but if he will not come I will part it.

Finally got it all back together. Found that all the red paint was a rattlecanned job. And a poor one at that.
Started to goofoff the added layers and the result was not appealing at all. So I stopped the removal. Not being one that likes to repaint as it is only original once I think I'll leave the faded (rear rack) original paint and the flaking repainted areas as they are for the time being.
This a complete all original (except for the needed replacement parts....rims, tires, chainguard, hbars and stand a period correct seat). Need to get the headlight, horn and tailight working now.
Been told these ride nice so that test ride will be shortly.
Did a dry fit with a used Kenda whitewall and a new Duro white tire.
Kinda like the white Duros.

a966e69b152179f27cd2f2c966783ff4.jpg

dc4388819d9f58d9fe334361bb18ace8.jpg

4095d85288ffcd510d14788829d6ab7e.jpg

95b1b926e2a4dfe1d7cfd27d6991c193.jpg

Also....check out the blunt I found stuffed away in the handlebars....A still wrapped Phillies cigar.
Kid must not have been allowed to smoke back then. But then again who was?.

a62cec4b110ef3dee5e7f2a689cc5fef.jpg

90f022358002f30443882d3e06110271.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments. Shame the paint is messed up but, some kid went through a lot of work to paint it. Got to respect that. Beside I got his cigar too. He's probably still trying to remember where he stashed it.
My son saw it in the handlebars and stayed it was a blunt. But I don't think that term was used until years later. He said " you mean they used to get high in the lod days too?".
If he only knew. :):p:oops::eek:;)

These Duros 2.125" just fit nicely. I doubt anything wilder or taller would work.

Last edited:
Yah, your right. I was looking more closely at your pictures, the Duros fill the fenders pretty darn good. Man that's a BIG difference between the Duro and Kenda isn't it? The Duro's look good on it jd.

Also....check out the blunt I found stuffed away in the handlebars....A still wrapped Phillies cigar.
Kid must not have been allowed to smoke back then. But then again who was?.

a62cec4b110ef3dee5e7f2a689cc5fef.jpg

90f022358002f30443882d3e06110271.jpg

That cigar is so much better than the peanuts that I found stuffed inside some handlebars;) I wonder which one stayed more fresh over the years? Guess we will never know because I don't dare eat the peanuts.

Latest posts

Back