1950's(?) Trash Find...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of bike is this? Not a bad find in the hood...:eek:)

PennSt.jpg

Yes, I think you are right. I thought the serial # started w/ MD, but I think it's "MO", for Murray, Ohio. Did some research on the serial #. I think it's a 1959. Is it even possible to restore this bike? Thanks...

Diamond Dogg said:
Yes, I think you are right. I thought the serial # started w/ MD, but I think it's "MO", for Murray, Ohio. Did some research on the serial #. I think it's a 1959. Is it even possible to restore this bike? Thanks...

Anything is possible! Just stock up on PB Blaster, spray everything down that you are taking apart & let it soak. Repeat as necessary.

Almost anything is restorable...its just a matter of how much of your time, money, and space you want to use up on it.

I think its pre '60 cause in '60 they went with a wide horizonal fender stay as a continuation of the chain gaurd...very cool bike though,I'm piecing my '60 Flightliner together now...just bought a tank/bezel assembly from subadrew ...Pappy 8)

Tires, a seat, gentle cleaning, and make the light work and call it a done rat. Has an awesome patina. It could be restored but it'd be some work. Not to mention Chrome ain't cheap.

Latest posts

Back