1953 phantom?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ta4y4yhu.jpg

Just purchased this at auction...someone covered it blue, ugg. How do you tell the type of phantom it is? Serial code date tells me late August 1953. Has crack in down tube I just discovered, is this common?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sure looks like a Phantom. The serial number on Schwinn's don't ID the model. Hopefully the painter didn't sand it down, maybe you can restore the original color. That would definitely ID it as a Phantom by the paint scheme, and the name on the chain guard.

And welcome aboard! You'll get plenty of help here. The crack in the down tube may be an easy fix, the steel tubing is pretty thick on those old frames.

Chrome fenders and tank = Phantom. Painted fenders and tank = B6. By '53, I think the B6's were finished so I'd bet it's a Phantom, made '49 to '59. Good resto project as it looks complete. Lots of work. Gary

Chrome fenders and tank = Phantom. Painted fenders and tank = B6. By '53, I think the B6's were finished so I'd bet it's a Phantom, made '49 to '59. Good resto project as it looks complete. Lots of work. Gary

Good advice here, and Welcome!

Back