1954 NSU Touring Frame buildet up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany,again!

Yesterday I nearly finished my 1954 NSU Bicycle for Touring.
The Frame was a replacment-Frame that has never left the Shop-
so it is near to NEW! :shock:
My Idea was, to let it look old, fitting in the time it was made for, but
to make it modern enought to make bigger tours .
The front and rear lights are the same age the frame is ,the fenders are coulored by myself in the way they Painted it in the 50`s :mrgreen:
I´ve got to search for a frontbrake and the original NSU bell(very expensive......).
Hope you like it!
nsuabend.jpg

nsukurbelseite.jpg

nsuvorne.jpg

nsuhinten.jpg

nsuenblem.jpg

nsuseite2.jpg

nsuseitevorn.jpg

:mrgreen:

es ist schön ! (hope I got that right)

Very sweet!

where can i get fenders like that?

i want!

That looks like a bike only the rich kids would have. lol very nice
My sister in law used to race a little car called the NSU. Are they built by the same place?

Wow, that's a beauty! Nice job!

What is the little tube coming out of the back of the head tube for? Also, are those wheel chair tires?

@blink:I found the fenders 80km away from Oldenburg,thats near to Hamburg.... Sorry- that will not help you :lol: - they were NOS and I paintet that gold on in..

@maddogrider: Yes it was the same Manufacture !NSU ist short for: Neckarsulm,a City in Germany- but they do not exist any more...

@ Bunbury : the little Tupe coming out of the Headtube is a Lock... i dont know the right word... you have to put a key in in to be able to turn the Handlebars- but its not working- but it will soon :wink:

No, the Tires are quite common Road-Tires made by schwalbe- Delta cruiser in the Dutch Sice 26 1 3/8, means they are bigger than normal 26 but slim 38-590 Size.

Back