1957 Schwinn american

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I didn't document this build as thorough as I should have but i'm restoring this bike for a friend of mines wife so here it goes.... The rear triangle was bent and needed straightning so I came up with my own press number that worked out just fine. Then came body and paint with lots of non taken photos. Sorry, just moved on and didn't think about pictures till later. Once I get moving I don't want to stop, or I will stop for very long while........
Photo001s.jpg
Photo003s.jpg
Photo1270.jpg
And the haze you see in the picture isn't fog or anything else you might think of.. it's clearcoat. freshly sprayed 2 stage paint over the decals. Here's a picture of the fork. I still have to finish the fenders and chainguard. Sorry the pictures suck but like I said, overspray fresh!!
Photo1272smaller.jpg
I'll take some better pictures in the sun next week when I finish the rest of the parts.

Good eyes! I was wondering how you knew it was a Model A. As far as you being the king of unfinished projects, i'm coming in a close 2nd with you. That model A has been a work in progress for almost ten years now and still isn't driveable! :oops:

slick said:
Good eyes! I was wondering how you knew it was a Model A. As far as you being the king of unfinished projects, i'm coming in a close 2nd with you. That model A has been a work in progress for almost ten years now and still isn't driveable! :oops:

Haha, the visor is a dead giveaway. Plus I have been used to looking at my brothers chopped 31 model a body sittin in my dads garage for the last 15 years. I have a 32 5 window that is sitting unfinished for about 6 years now. Kids....... :mrgreen:

The frame is lookin good by the way.

i had not seen the before pics. very impressive slick!!! agreed well done bro

This resto is one of the projects I want gone before the club party, as well as the 550 spyder sitting in the garage. I want my garage back for my stuff. I'll post better pictures of the frame and the rest of the parts after I finish them.

Back