1958 Schwinn built BF Goodrich Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this guys add on craiglist and i like the bike but I don't know if it is worth 149 dollars
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/bik/1665574657.html

(Here is the add he wrote)
Hello I have a nice Very Rare,26'' SCHWINN BUILT BF GOODRICH 1958 TANK, WITH HORN, Bicycle for sale.

This RARE SCHWINN BUILT BF GOODRICH BICYCLE is Complete, And all orginal, And in good condition.

AND ASKING A GREAT PRICE, AT $149.00

THIS BICYCLE IS WORTH AROUNG $500.00

Call Sam 336-998-3472 if no answer please call back every hour until you get me. I can not hear good, it is hard for me to get a message from the machine, and I have no long distance on my phone.

No emails please.

Thanks for the info guys i am going to call him and see if he still has it for sale. I will let you know tomorrow if i am the new owner.

i bought a red one just like it for $75 with a rotted front light. looks like painted rims which are less desireable than the chrome versions from my experience. 149 isnt a bad price but 99 would be better :mrgreen:

Been calling him since 7am this morning, left him one message at 7 and been calling every thirty minutes since still no answer :(

just got off the phone with him he said he still has it and I am on my way to get it now :lol: Let me know what you guys think should I part it out or keep it?

I was able to buy the bike from the guy :D Really nice 65 year old man. Talked to him for about three hours and he has several sheds full of stuff. I only made it threw two of them. He has two 1960 model bikes we tried to find but he said he cant remember where he put them :( He told me about a jesse james bike he can get me for 40 dollars if i want it. Seems he goes to these auctions and other places and buys stuff to sell on cl and the bay. He told me he would call me when he got the jesse james bike and I could come back up and search around some more. He also has two AMF Legends bikes(cruiser bikes) he says he bought new in the 80's he thinks. They are a boys and girls bike and in excellent shape except they are starting to get surface rust on the chrome but the paint looks like it is perfect been in one of the sheds all there life.
HPIM0492.jpg

HPIM0493.jpg

Troxler Seat Still Has The Tag On It
HPIM0496.jpg

HPIM0505.jpg

HPIM0504.jpg

HPIM0498.jpg

HPIM0502.jpg

HPIM0503.jpg

I wanted to ride it really bad when i got it home so i pumped the front tire up and when i pumped up the rear tire it blew up in my face :-(
The previous owner said it still has the original tires. Can I get a 2.125 tire at walmart on a sunday?
HPIM0497.jpg

Back