195_ Shelby __________

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Picked up a "new" springer bike for the collection yesterday. I've been wanting a Shelby for a while, and my patience paid off. Not sure of the exact year or model (little help, please?) but she's a welcome addition. Looks like I got my birthday/Christmas bike after all! :D

shelby1.jpg

shelby2.jpg

shelby3.jpg

Now if I can just locate a tank and chainguard...

I have the correct rack with integrated Delta Stop light if you are interested.

Joe

From the looks of the holes in the back fender this thing might have had one of those squarish looking Delta rear reflectors in the aluminum housing. Gary

Speaking of the rack, I think it would look better without that add-on. It's detracting from the coolest fender in town! :wink: A tubular or painted OEM Shelby might be a different story. :|

It looks to be a 1950/1951 Shelby 52A which was Shelby's answer to the Phantom and Luxury Liner. I haven't seen any with that color combo on the fenders usually they were black with a red dart. It is missing a Chrome Tank and Chain guard, Train Light and a Delta Triple light taillight and the rack is wrong. This was the bike that got the new fork design that replaced "the Shockease" and the "protect-o-guard" frender braces are really cool. This is a very cool bike a fairly rare even with everything missing. Good score.

Back