1960 SCHWINN SPITFIRE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added some coke bottle grips that I pulled off that Exercycle I found. Also added some eyeball valve caps... :lol:

Installed some new tires and tubes and cleaned on it some more.

Waiting for the snazzy black and white seat to come in and a set of truss rods.

100_5685.jpg

100_5681.jpg

100_5682.jpg

100_5683.jpg

Mines "ithink" a 58.. But i only paid 50 dollars for mine.. I might as well type the story to go with this bike...

My dad had been seeing this bike at flea markets for months, same price 100 everytime.. My dad sees it at 1 of the flea markets for 100, So next week my mom took me and my friend dereek to look at it.. Its not in the same spot as
weher dad said it was.. So i keep walking.. And i see it behind someones table next to another old bike.. I think hmm someone must have baught it.. I go over look at it, and ask the lady behind the stand, "How much for the bike?" she says, Oh thats my dads stuff.. I think he saiiid 50? I was like :shock: Ill be right back with the money.. So i go get the money come back, Pay her and ride away.. Im riding it through the flea market finishing looking at everything, When i see her out the corner of my eye, Like running towards me.. She says "HEY! HEY!" I need that bike back!! i was like "No.. why?"
She says "My dad just baught this bike for 125 dollars for himself he was selling the girls bike next to it for 50 dollars!" I was like "Im sorry but.. its mine now..." "Bye." and i rode away on it.. I felt bad but DANG I GOT A GOOD DEALLLLLL! :mrgreen:

I think the price changed to 125, Because the guy put new tires on it..

Sweet looking bike Steve! That there is my all-time favourite Schwinn paint scheme. (Is there a specific name for those style of graphics?)

The black & white colour combo really pops :D Nice patina too, gives it character without looking junky.

-Mp

I can't believe you score that for 60 bucks. :? Never find cool stuff like that here for that kind of dough.

Well, it's not exactly a common occurrence here either. :wink:

I think no matter where you live in the states....if you keep your eyes open and end up at the right place at the right time, someone with an old bike who doesn't know the value is bound to let it go cheap.

The question is....how long until that happens? :shock:

your alley looks strangly exactly like mine..Are you sure you don't live off Dalrock and 30?
Its like you were in my back yard...

Back