1962 Raleigh Gran Sport-Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I did a little research, this bike appears to be a 1962, All original(Except maybe the tires).
Veloci Fenders, Campy parts(which are apparently original)

Found this one Sheldon Brown's Retro Raleighs page.
62-gran-sport.gif

And this would be mine:
I dont want to clean it, as im afraid of messing up the decals...I would like to sell it as is
Ive had it around for months, i have not touched it since i got it.

IMG_3849.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3852.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_3860.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

It's a shame your not gonna clean it up. It has a ton of potential. If you use just warm water and mild dish soap it shouldn't hurt the decals. If you were closer I wouldn't mind owning that. How much are you thinkin?

That looks like it was very expensive in it's time. Nice score.

As the others said I would LOVE to have a bike like that bet the sucker would clean up like a charm and look really nice what a prize find. Bet she was a fortune when new with those kind of parts on it.

I'M assuming this thing was expensive way back in the day...but who knows...

I just want to get the money i can for it right now...I need it to fix up my car and whatnot

I've got the same chainrings on my Hercules (in my avatar). Yours is all there and looks great. And it's loaded with Campy parts.

Try the Old Ten Speed Gallery for info. My bike made the gallery a couple weeks ago.

http://oldtenspeedgallery.com/

I don't know if they will give you a value but the Classic and Vintage section at Bikeforums.net is where you will get your best info.

Hey Dingo ,
I just talk to a freind if mine who has a 1962 Releigh Grand Sport. He was tell the things to for and you have most if the right stuff. Do you have the light? If I had the money I would hand you $450. as is.

Really he was saying that if you completely clean and service this bike you should be able to get................More for it. No really with the tock bars, red anodized GB levers and collar, Gb brakes, SA crank and all of the campy you have something like $650.- $700. as is. But spend a little time on it and you are around $1000. - $1100..

He also said to go to Retro Raleigh and look there. He had some things on there off his bike.

Don't flip it to fast do the work and make the money yourself. Hope this is some help.

Dos

I do not have the lights...what is in the pictures is what it is...
Again, I would clean it...but i just need money

If i sit on it too long, ill consider

Cleaned and tuned up, that bike would have brought in $400 or so in the vintage bike shop I used to work at in upstate NY. That's shop prices in NY though. I'd expect you could sell it pretty easy for $200 as it sits, depending on your local market. Or clean it up and put it on ebay and see how it does.

Ebay is the place for this....I bet it will bring really good money.

Just make sure you post these large photos in the body of your Ebay listing and your golden. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Ebay is the place for this....I bet it will bring really good money.

Just make sure you post these large photos in the body of your Ebay listing and your golden. :wink:
Ill see what i can do to get my mother to list it for me, i think she will understand when i explain how much mroe i can get for it...

99 cents to start and no reserve on ebay- you'll find out precisely how much it's worth in exactly 7 days :D

i had a heck of a time selling my raleigh (eventually got a $100 in trade)
IMG_4880.jpg

seems if its not a raleigh team bicycle, nobody around here wants em.
even though there built tonka tuff, they seem to have a huffy type stigma. (in these parts)

probably has to do with all the raleigh built ccm's in canda.

Back