1962 Schwinn Typhoon!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice one year bike. I'll bet that Schwinn paint and chrome comes back very well.

No words on this one. I guess by the pictures it fell out of the sky.:(
I figured each picture was worth 1,000 words :)

Actually this bike had been popping up on CL on and off over the last several months. I finally arranged a time and location to meet to work out a deal with the seller, but the seller wouldn't budge on the price, so I ended up paying a bit more than I wanted. However, during the 6 months that the bike kept being posted and reposted on CL, I kept searching for a '62 Typhoon and had absolutely no luck finding one. So I figured the small premium I paid the CL seller for their asking price was worth it in the long run. Apologies in advance to the Schwinn purists, but I do plan to customize a little with a bit of a 26 BMX Strandie vibe. Not as much as this one, ( http://www.bmxsociety.com/topic/38162-cal-cruisers/page-10 ) but just enough to make the bike a bit tougher looking. Thanks for all the comments! Will post in the Build section when I start. Cheers.

Yeah, I'd have overpaid for that one, too. Yours is super-clean, and that frame is my favorite EF Schwinn frame, and they only made it the one year, so.... You gotta grab one when you see one, right?

nice find - look forward to seeing you do your magic on this one.

Latest posts

Back