1963 Columbia Firebolt

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is HOT :cool2:

Fan of apes as well but I don't know if they would. E a good fit on this bike. Maybe some cool half circle ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the positive comments, suggestion for handlebars. I'm a big fan of Apes just don't know if right for this bike.

Thow those apes on it , you'll never know unless you try'em

Rafael

Few pictures from this evening after dinner, new rims came in today. Installed Schwinn Mag wheel sprocket original was really far gone serious pitting. Will continue to try and make decision about handlebars. Think a nice set of apes just be in order.
12.jpg
11.jpg

I dig that Mag sprocket, are you going fenderless? I think finding some OG fenders would be sweet. Also like the apes as a bar option.

Going to try a modify fender for the rear. need to trim so it fits nicely on frame. If it works going to look great if not no fenders. Not really sure on apes just yet, but that looks like the way I will be going.

Those wheels look nice! Do you plan to run on running 26 x 2.125 tires? I think the Firebolts were middleweights. You may have frame/fender issues....
Just a 'heads up'...the paint looks AMAZING BTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan on running 26x2.10 going to be a road bike only, so when I crop the fender to slide around frame hopefully will have enough room. Should know tonight tires are scheduled for delivery this afternoon. Will post pictures when installed.

8a.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
14.jpg
13.jpg
Made some more progress tonight, reinstalled kickstand after cleaning and repainting cup and kickstand itself. Tires came in today got them mounted, still need to get chain, seatpost coming this week after mounting seat will make decision on handle bars. Still planning on notching out this old fender I have so it will fit over tire. It it works will look really good. If not no fenders still looks good.

Update while waiting for the last two parts, stem and apes. Not much progress since last update. Combination of USPS losing a few things and poor ebay sellers who take there sweet time shipping. Have added Headbadge and pedals, seatpost finally got here installed seat. this afternoon I put on a few pinstripe decal from Twisted Chrome super quality go on real easy and look like real pinstipes to me. The picture of the decal on the front fork is fine that is a reflection of a screwdriver on floor.
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
I do have one problem with this build so far, with the 26x2.10 tries being bigger than original the kickstand is a little bit too short for my liking bike really leans when on stand. Any ideas for some kind of footing i could install over the end or some other option. Dont really want to remove heat and try and bend original kickstand if I can help it.

Update while waiting for the last two parts, stem and apes. Not much progress since last update. Combination of USPS losing a few things and poor ebay sellers who take there sweet time shipping. Have added Headbadge and pedals, seatpost finally got here installed seat. this afternoon I put on a few pinstripe decal from Twisted Chrome super quality go on real easy and look like real pinstipes to me. The picture of the decal on the front fork is fine that is a reflection of a screwdriver on floor.View attachment 47484 View attachment 47485 View attachment 47486 View attachment 47487 I do have one problem with this build so far, with the 26x2.10 tries being bigger than original the kickstand is a little bit too short for my liking bike really leans when on stand. Any ideas for some kind of footing i could install over the end or some other option. Dont really want to remove heat and try and bend original kickstand if I can help it.
I have an old Italian rod brake bike. When I got it it had a golf ball with a hole drilled into it and the end of the kick stand inserted into it. It is different and cool looking so I left it. How about an 8 ball, might be too big?

Latest posts

Back