1963 Schwinn Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Picked this bike up and another one at the Little Blue River Bike Swap, "JJMunster" made me an offer I could not refuse. The wife took a shine to it and wanted to take it home, so, we did. As you can see, the rear tire was shot, new one ordered, dang Schwinn, oddball sizes. Going to clean and tune her up a bit for the wife to ride.
schwinn_racer.jpg

The Racer won't have an oddball Schwinn size. 26x1 3/8" is a standard size (even though it's fractional) that any bike shop should keep on hand. Only their middleweights are odd.

Either way, their 3-speeds are so solid and make awesome riders with minimal maintenance..ever 8)

Jpromo said:
The Racer won't have an oddball Schwinn size. 26x1 3/8" is a standard size (even though it's fractional) that any bike shop should keep on hand. Only their middleweights are odd.

Either way, their 3-speeds are so solid and make awesome riders with minimal maintenance..ever 8)
Dang, did not even think of checking the local bike shops, got a great deal off of Amazon though and the items came in the mail three days later, regular mail. Any way, got the new tire/tube on, cleaned her up a bit and the 3-speed hub came out of a deep sleep and is switching gears like new.

Jpromo said:

My 63' and my 68' Racer's both have the Schwinn S5 or S6 rims with the Schwinn sized wheels and tires. Even my 74' Breeze does. Oddly enough, my 78' Spitfire 5 has standard 26" wheels. Go figure.

Latest posts

Back