1964 Schwinn Traveler (update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been wanting a lite weight found this on craigs list.. i certainly couldnt have built it for my price.. a few small issues butt nothing i cant fix. powder coated and rechromed :mrgreen:
004-8.jpg
009-2.jpg
006-2.jpg
007-3.jpg

Re: 1964 Schwinn Traveler

SWEEEEEET! Lord knows you needed another black bike! :lol: Can't have too many bikes my friend! :mrgreen:

The seat is flat so i took the cover off and the springs are hooked in the back and there is nothing to hook them to in the front :?: i think there is a bar missing or something :?: :?: any way i ordered this seat http://www.crowcycleco.com/all-leather- ... 0-008.html and the shift rod comming from the hub is bent it still shifts ok butt im going to get a new one. dont know if im keeping the lights or selling them and putting leds

ndaway said:
HAHA needed a lite weight to ride with my wife on her Breeze 8) now i need to sell some stuff at the swapmeet to recoop some money

Hope you can keep up with her! Maybe blind her with the chrome as you are passing! That thing looks better than new. Gotta love the mohawk front fender!

Robert has family that works in a chrome shop and he had every nut, bolt, nipple, washer chromed. This bike has to be the cleanest Traveler ever. I saw it crammed in there when I picked up my bike stand today. If I had a little more coin it wouldn't be yours.

I love black Schwinns. That has to be one of the nicest black Schwinns I've ever seen, and I'm no fan of skinny tire bikes. I'd make room in my collection for that one anytime. 8)

Didn't Travelers have stainless fenders? Are those chromed steel or polished stainless? Gary

Latest posts

Back