1964 Sears Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Finally found a Spaceliner! Always wanted one of the these bikes. Found it on CL and just so happend to be 5 minutes from my house! Missing a few items....rear fender, seat, headlight bezel, rear rack reflector, and it has the wrong wheels on it which are all bent. I'm hoping to bring this one back to life as original as possible. If anyone has any of the parts, let me know. I have lots of parts to trade!

Excellent score:thumbsup:!The problem with Spaceliners is that all the tank candy parts are very hard to come by,a repro headlight lens has been available on ebay on occasion.The headlight bezel piece that you're missing is a real toughie to find.If its taking to long to find the part there might be a way to create a mold from mine and then find a plastics shop to pour a new one and hopefully for not a lot of George$.The other op is to wait it out on ebay or the next swap and thats a big prayer everyday waiting:mad:.Put those feelers out on the forum"parts wanted".If you noticed the bezel on mine was cracked and repaired,the bezels on these bikes shrink over the years and get brittle too so a lot of them just ended up falling off the bikes.Good luck,if I can help out give a yell
003.JPG

Last edited:
Just checked out Ebay, theres some women's tanks on there with the bezel needed but more than likely they won't fit the men's,I could be wrong.I remember years ago buying a very nice horn and light switch women's Spaceliner bezel at Copake with excellent chrome thinking I'd swap it out on mine and big bummer--no fit:arghh:!!Be careful and don't get fooled!

I think I may have a spaceliner rear fender missing the reflector. Not sure exactly what shape it's in without digging it out. I'll ck it out & let you know.

Congrats on the Spaceliner find. They are among the coolest looking of vintage bikes. I'm sure in time you'll find the parts you need to complete it. In the mean time maybe consider running it without the tank. I feel these bikes look really great with the tank and light assembly removed.

I did find that fender. Pretty good shape actually, a few dings, a little surface rust & the brace need a little tweaking back into shape. Should clean up well & won't take much to straighten out the brace. No reflector. This fender came off the bike that became Bad Apple. Fender is yours for the cost of shipping if you can use it. Let me know if you want me to send you pics.

Thanks guys! I'm gonna have a build thread up very soon!
PM'd you pick! :113:

EDIT: Just checked the serial number and turns out it's a 1964...first year of production!!

Last edited:
sweet find

Back