1965 Dodge Polara *shiney new pics* and a vespa!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well through the magic of craigslist I traded by 92 bonair pop up camper for a 1965 Dodge Polara with a 383 and an auto. The car is in so so shape. The car has been freshly painted the baby blue color you see it, However it was painted over some shotty bodywork. The car runs awesome and shifts as it should I plan on putting some better exhaust on it. I'm thinking flat black (of course), red rims, white walls and maybe finding someone to pinstripe it. What does everyone think? Sorry these are the best photos I have for now ....
65Polara001.jpg

65Polara002.jpg

65Polara003.jpg

65Polara004.jpg

65Polara006.jpg

Re: 1965 Dodge Polara to rat or not to rat

rat-it!

dodge_polara.jpg

dodge_polara_1.jpg

It differs a bit from your Polara but on the streets of my hometown cruises this baby. The Polara has been turned into a custom rod and it works pretty well. Although you wouldn't expect it, those custom fitted round rearlights work surprisingly well in the squareshaped body. I love it. So I say:

Rod it!

(but why the black paint? Any flat (dark) color would work, imo. Just a thought...)

Sick! that was a good trade, huh? :D It has potential... I say rat it, do what you like.

I actually like that blue with black stripes. It would look pretty cool rat though... it's just that there is so many classic cars with flat black paint, red wheels, and whitewall tires. But I like that rat look too. Do whatever you heart desires. :mrgreen: The car looks good.

Hook it up for vintage drag racing!!!! Here's my 73 Scamp.

plymouth.jpg

A guy down the street from me has a Biscayne that is flat black with red rims, wide whites and baby moons. It looks great.

just got some new pictures of it, and my other new toy I just picked up a 2005 vespa grantourismo. I picked it up not running and transported it home on my hitch hauler. (really not recommended) I ran 500lb tie down straps from the corners of the basket to my roll cage it held out perfectly even with the scooters and my weight. I got it running with a little tinkering and have put nearly 100 miles on it in 5 days just around town. The scoot came from new orleans right after Katrina hit. The man I purchased it from actually rode the Scooter up north to escape the rising water. And the best part he also threw in a beautiful peugeot roadie bike. Well with out further delay ....

polara002.jpg

polara003.jpg

polara005.jpg

polara007.jpg

polara010.jpg

polara011.jpg

and the vespa
001.jpg

006.jpg

Neat old car. When I look at the rear of the car...especially the taillights, with a little imagination I can see the back end of a GTX or Road Runner a few years newer. Evolution in action. :wink: Gary

well(i know this has been stated a million time before) but its your car so do what you like with it but just for the fact its a 60's car id squat it, angel hair inside, americans with the pinner whites, and lace paint with loud colors.... something along these lines(first post...and id do lace on the roof with carnival flake)
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... ac&page=19

Back